Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys Im finally ready to tackle this 8 rib swap and finish my damn ride up! I currently run the IW 10% overdriven crank and a 3.4 blower pulley with the 6 rib setup. I already have the complete Ford 8 rib swap pulley set and would like to know what you guys are running for blower/crank/belt length on your setups on a one bolt tensioner setup. want to make this as painless as possible so the car has little downtime and I can order everything in advance. I do plan on using the procharger 8 rib swap kit hardware and idlers to help with the install but my biggest concern is belt size and what blower pulley I may need to use with my current crank pulley to make it all work.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Call Dez

He has all the P/N's of the pulleys. You'll need to make some shims more then likely. I made mine up on a lather. Washers look kinda nasty.

If I were you I'd take the timing cover off and I would drill the front cover's threads out and put in a 8mm heli coil and get some 8mm hardened threaded rod loctite it in there. Then you'll have to studs to line everything up with. And it's way stronger. That's what I did to mine and made a big difference. I never had belt issues.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Adam,

car goes in this Friday.. ordered up the procharger 8 rib kit minus the pulleys since I have them already.. the biggest concern is belt length and we will have to figure that out and adjust by either upping the blower pulley size or lowering it depending on whats available. Mike is gonna try a 3.4 he has around the shop and see if the 110 belt fits and go from there.. with a little luck it'll go well.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How much did it run you? do they offer it with all the pulleys for a complete swap?
Procharger offers the complete kit pulleys hardware etc.. not sure of the pricing as the kit is not even on their website. I paid around $230 for all the hardware, spacers and their additional idler pulley setup which mounts on the timing cover between the alt and power steering to take up that long stretch of belt that has no tension. The best I can recommend to you is to call Mike and get pricing for the kit or whatever parts of the kit you'd like. His website is in my sig and all the contact info is there. He will set you up with whatever you need from the kit or the whole kit pulleys and all if thats what you want.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Procharger offers the complete kit pulleys hardware etc.. not sure of the pricing as the kit is not even on their website. I paid around $230 for all the hardware, spacers and their additional idler pulley setup which mounts on the timing cover between the alt and power steering to take up that long stretch of belt that has no tension. The best I can recommend to you is to call Mike and get pricing for the kit or whatever parts of the kit you'd like. His website is in my sig and all the contact info is there. He will set you up with whatever you need from the kit or the whole kit pulleys and all if thats what you want.
What power adder Paul?

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Procharger P1-2 currently.. the swap has been done now for a few months and the belt is better now than it ever was 6 rib.. have taken it up to 19lbs of boost without any slip issues.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts