137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
invoice

Attachments

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Now time for more boost so I can try out this new Supercomp C4 with 6000 rpm stall:blob

Attachments

·
Registered
885 Posts
brian,
the idler pulley you bought is not going to work correctly, because it is to large in diameter (90mm). you need to buy a second belt tensioner to rob the pulley (75mm) from. you need to put a .025"-.030" shim between the pulley and the belt tensioner and the idler pulley and the timing cover. gates makes a 112.4" long 8 rib belt.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cool

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks

·
Registered
41 Posts
8 rib

The belt size you identified from Gates is right on..West Coast stores do not carry the 8rib belt. you will definately need the high rpm bearings in the idller pulley and the extented length.

·
Registered
885 Posts
i have part numbers for 112" 8 rib goodyear and dayco belts also.
at what rpm does the idler pulley bearing become an issue? i don't turn the wifes engine over 7000 rpm.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Last 2 pulleys froze up traveling 30 mph and 300 miles on them...the main issue is the length of the stock pulley vs. the 8 rib belt.:mad:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Chico> I just wanted to make sure I was straight on all the info. that I gathered from your posts. You used your factory 6 rib tensioner? Did you change the pulley on the tensioner to the 8 rib from the Lightning? Also> you changed to the high speed idler pulley? Thats the only two things that I will have to get other than FORD?
thanks for any help!
Harold.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Harold! The only aftermarket item is the idler pulley made to fit the 8 rib with high rpm bearings...gringing on the alternator and the blower bracket..

Just a little info! Crash eliminated the Auto. Transs and installed a 6 speed..said he was tired of getting beat by lesser cars on the street..He has a new motor pulling about 35 more rwhp than before..but has not hooked up the no2....

Oh, and yes the tensioner is stock for the Cobra.

good luck

Larry:D

·
Registered
32 Posts
Chico> right on man. Thanks for the info! I heard that about crash> I read over at nor-cal almost every day> he got tired of the auto and now is almost about to sell his car> soo many things he said were making him upset> Ive been there> its a bad place to be> but thats what we get ourselves into modifying a car like we do :D
I am still planning on running 9's> but right now my friend/mechanic is slacking on me> so thats why I havent been back> still have to change my stall and weld up the battle boxes for the rear> other than that> im just having fun with new mods and such.

Brian Bradford> sorry for taking over your thread> I will reply next with pm.
Thanks!

·
Registered
20 Posts
:eek: :eek: You run 20lbs through the stock longblock!:eek:

Awesome! You have the biggest dyno numbers from a stock longblock that I have seen.

·
Registered
98 Posts
lol

That's not the amazing part (Lidio has as well).. the amazing part is getting a factory 6-rib setup to grip the belt with a tiny Vortech pulley. Now that is amazing!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Brian Bradford:

Thanks for posting the great info! I am going to order these parts tomm. but am unsure about what you did with the tensioners? It looks like you have the stock tensioner in the picture> but you also have the manual tensioner> are you going to use both? Or is the original tensioner just so that you can take the pulley from it?
Thanks for any help!
Harold.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts