Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

Group Buy for CHE K-member Brace with Torque Limiters

10K views 131 replies 31 participants last post by  1quickshortbus 
#1 ·
We are doing the CHE K-Member Brace with Torque Limiters for $150 shipped anywhere in the continental US. Other locations will require a slight additional charge for shipping.

If you have trouble shifting to 3rd at WOT this will solve the issue, this happens because the drivetrain torques over and the shifter binds up because it is mounted to the transmission and the body. It also helps stiffen the front suspension. We have had nothing but great responses from our customers that have purchased this item.

Here is a picture of the k-member brace with torque limiters, note the bace will be black not orange when you receive it.

I have confirmed fitment with American Racing, Kooks, JBA and Dynatech headers. The best I can tell from pictures it looks like Hooker and Stainless Works long tubes will all fit if you purchase these and it doesn't fit with your headers return them in good condition for a full refund. THE TORQUE LIMITERS WILL NOT WORK WITH SLP LONG TUBE HEADERS WITHOUT MODIFICATIONS TO THE MOUNTING POINT ON THE K-MEMBER MOUNT.

I need 4 buyers to place an order. Post here if you want in and as soon as we have 4 orders I will contact everyone for payment. Also, if you have a V6 please make sure you let me know.

See less See more
#2 ·
Oh that's just beautiful. You guys only had the rod ends in stock so I ordered from CHE last week. LOL...

#3 ·
Just letting some know, it could also be a problem with 2nd. For about a month my car wouldn't go in 2nd unless i was under 4000, now with the brace and tl's it slides in everytime

#5 ·
great piece for anyone wishing to stiffen up the front end, and gain the ability to shift into third at high rpm/WOT. i highly recommend this piece and you cant get it from a better place than Josh and Kevin at PMP

#10 ·
Do you know if these will work with an aftermarket K-Member?

I will buy one if when I change to an aftermarket K-Member I can still use it. I like to Buy once... it saves in the long run :)

So if it works put me down for one.

Will

#12 ·
Do you know if these will work with an aftermarket K-Member?

I will buy one if when I change to an aftermarket K-Member I can still use it. I like to Buy once... it saves in the long run :)

So if it works put me down for one.

Will
Will - It will work with the BMR k-member, both Josh and I have this combo on our cars and at least one member here does. Here is a link describing the necessary modifications ----> http://www.modularfords.com/677572-post53.html

I live in Germany and am here with a Military APO address... Will you ship to us and how much would this be? If the price is right, count me in!

Oh and I'm new here as you can tell if you are reading this post. I hang out over at Military Stangs all the time and Mustangfreak sent me the link to you guys. Seems like a good place to be:salut:
Absolutely we will ship to APOs! It's the least we can do, thank you for serving. No extra shipping for you guys, it's no different than shipping across town.

#11 ·
I live in Germany and am here with a Military APO address... Will you ship to us and how much would this be? If the price is right, count me in!

Oh and I'm new here as you can tell if you are reading this post. I hang out over at Military Stangs all the time and Mustangfreak sent me the link to you guys. Seems like a good place to be:salut:

#14 ·

Josh and Kevin take very good care of us out here in APO land...

#15 ·
Ok well count me in for one...

Only one other caveat. I have purchased TurboHorsepowers twin turbo kit... I dont believe it would interfere with the kit since it connects to the stock Cats/H-Pipe. But I will know more this week since I expect a package this week or next :)

Will

#16 ·
Ok well count me in for one...

Only one other caveat. I have purchased TurboHorsepowers twin turbo kit... I dont believe it would interfere with the kit since it connects to the stock Cats/H-Pipe. But I will know more this week since I expect a package this week or next :)

Will
You will be fine since it uses the stock h-pipe and does no rerouting under the car.

#18 ·
Do you take paypal? I have some money in there that I'm not doing anything with right now..... Let me know, thanks.

#21 ·
Do the rev limiters have any + or - effect on Automatics ?

#23 ·
Thanks Kevin.....

#24 ·
Count me in!

#28 ·
For $150 it is the standard poly torque limiters, add $10 for the race rod end torque limiters. The difference is just that, the standard version has a poly bushing at one end with a rod end at the other, the race version has rod ends at both ends. The race torque limiters will add some noise and vibration but offer a more solid link between the chassis and the drivetrain.

The race version is required for people running the PH turbo, the street version can be used but requires some minor modifications.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.