Getting tuned!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Getting tuned!

Icon10 Getting tuned!

Well, I finally gave in to my desires and am getting some goodies and a tune! Ordered a set of pullies, a cooler thermostat for the FL heat, SCT tuner, and a tune all by Horsepower By Hermann and a PHP phenolic intake spacer from Roy over at the registry. Hopefully the spacer will come this week and I'll get 'er installed and then take the Mach over to Hermann the following weekend to get everything else all done! Can't wait and am really hoping to see some nice gains!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Getting tuned!

Quote Originally Posted by vertigyn View Post
    Well, I finally gave in to my desires and am getting some goodies and a tune! Ordered a set of pullies, a cooler thermostat for the FL heat, SCT tuner, and a tune all by Horsepower By Hermann and a PHP phenolic intake spacer from Roy over at the registry. Hopefully the spacer will come this week and I'll get 'er installed and then take the Mach over to Hermann the following weekend to get everything else all done! Can't wait and am really hoping to see some nice gains!
    Congrats on moving forward with your Mach. I assume since you are carrying it over to HBH that he is doing a Dyno Tune for you? If not go ahead and spend the extra cash for a dyno tune. HBH and most tuners are very good with their mail order tunes but there's nothing like strapping your car down, data logging it and building a custom tune specifically for your car. Each car responds to mods differently and he an adjust accordingly for your new combo. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by AMCsMach View Post
    Congrats on moving forward with your Mach. I assume since you are carrying it over to HBH that he is doing a Dyno Tune for you? If not go ahead and spend the extra cash for a dyno tune. HBH and most tuners are very good with their mail order tunes but there's nothing like strapping your car down, data logging it and building a custom tune specifically for your car. Each car responds to mods differently and he an adjust accordingly for your new combo. Good luck!
    Ah yes, he will be doing a custom dyno tune on the car =) I'm very excited and can't wait! Thank you for the tip!

5. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

I see you are selling your Loudmouth exhaust. Was it a loudmouth 2 or 1. I've had mine for a year and I know it can be annoying but everytime I open my Mach up I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Mach in VT View Post
    I see you are selling your Loudmouth exhaust. Was it a loudmouth 2 or 1. I've had mine for a year and I know it can be annoying but everytime I open my Mach up I love it!
    I'm pretty sure they are the LM II's. I know that the LM II's are a little bit bigger than the I's, I haven't measured them to confirm but am pretty sure based on the looks. They came with the car from the original owner. I liked them when the cats were on, but when I put on the o/r pipe, everyone and their grandmother thought I was trying to race them from every stop...I didn't like that! So far the Magnaflow's have been good for me (it's only been about 200 miles since I installed them...but you know )

Nice mods! Looking forward to see what your car makes. Good luck!

Senior Member Array BadBlueMach's Avatar

I would be very weary of the UD Pulleys. I have heard nothing but bad things about them on Mach's.....Do some research before you install them!

Quote Originally Posted by BadBlueMach View Post
    I would be very weary of the UD Pulleys. I have heard nothing but bad things about them on Mach's.....Do some research before you install them!
    Don't worry, I have. These are the SFI pullies which have received good reviews and are designed not to harm anything (especially the oil pump). I'm pretty sure they'll be fine since they have been redesigned from the pullies that all received bad internet reps, and the fact that I don't drive the car too hard should help since the old pullies seemed to only have problems with people who were constantly in the higher RPM's. And they have Hermann's backing that they won't harm anything, so we'll see!

Senior Member Array BadBlueMach's Avatar

Good! I just thought I would throw that out there. You should deff. trust Herman....He knows what to do with a mustang!!

Don't worry, I have. These are the SFI pullies which have received good reviews and are designed not to harm anything (especially the oil pump). I'm pretty sure they'll be fine since they have been redesigned from the pullies that all received bad internet reps, and the fact that I don't drive the car too hard should help since the old pullies seemed to only have problems with people who were constantly in the higher RPM's. And they have Hermann's backing that they won't harm anything, so we'll see!
    Do you have a link to purchase those pullies?

Thanks
    Mark

Those all sounds like good mods. Most mach's pick up 5-10rwhp with a good tune.

Quote Originally Posted by MarksDSG View Post
    Do you have a link to purchase those pullies?

Thanks
    Mark
    I don't...Hermann actually ordered them for me and will have them at the shop when he puts them on. He has a userID on here - hpbyhermann - I'm sure you could contact him and see where he got them or if he could get you a set or something.

On another note - I got my 3/8 phenolic spacer from Roy today and installed it. The EGR was a PITA...but it's all good to go now! Roy's kit was great. Didn't really get to test it out yet though, had 4 people in the car all day attending some local Stang gatherings...The first time my back seat has been used!

I'll let ya'll know how things go after HBH spends the day with the Mach.

15. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread