injector sizing

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: injector sizing

Default injector sizing

I am lookin to upgrade my fuel system but dont know what size injectors to get. I have 03 pumps and I am going to put a bap, ss fuel line and a new intake manifold. I currently have a novi2000 at about 13 psi but would like to increase it to about 16-18 psi and need the fuel for it. What would be the best injector size for this set up. Any thoughts would be greatly apprecieated
    thanx
    joe

2. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: injector sizing

Quote Originally Posted by klaasjoe View Post
    I am lookin to upgrade my fuel system but dont know what size injectors to get. I have 03 pumps and I am going to put a bap, ss fuel line and a new intake manifold. I currently have a novi2000 at about 13 psi but would like to increase it to about 16-18 psi and need the fuel for it. What would be the best injector size for this set up. Any thoughts would be greatly apprecieated
    thanx
    joe

The first question would be, how much HP are you making @ 13psi?

The next question would be, have you "DataLogged" your fuel rail pressure @ 13psi, and if so what is it typically at idle? In turn, what is it while at WOT @ redline with 13psi built up..

Next question can only be answered after you at a minimum answer the question and give dyno numbers... Most importantly, your typical FRP...

Default Re: injector sizing

Off the top, if I had to make a guess then I would say that 60lbs injectors would be your most safe solution, if you desire upgrading the injectors..

Its probable that your running 39lbs injectors or 42lbs'ers...

So to play it safe without any hard data, I would say 60lbs'ers would be a more than probable upgrade solution to error on the side of caution.....

5. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread