Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
car wont start, 88 coupe with 04 32v s/c 04 engine harness, dash harness and 88 chasis harness return fuel system, PATS has been removed engine turns over but does not fire has fault code 1233 fpdm fuel system offline. can the fpdm be deleted or bypased:mad2:

·
Registered
131 Posts
not running

I had that code and 5 others with emissions and my still runs this will not stop it from running. 4 Valvegt is correct check fuel pressure will not hit at all if fuel is under 30-25. It sound like you don't have the correct wire or not enough from the EEC and engine harness powered up.
I had the same problem though i had all the correct wire powered up and engine didn't fire. I was missing the 20A red and yellow from the fuse block from under the hood. Connected it and the engine hit the next try.

I'm not sure of the exact pin and wire but have it at the house logged all my info down.

PM me or email i will dig it out or just get the wiring pin out of the EEC and engine harness.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I connected my guauge cluster today and when i turn the key on the THEFT LIGHT starts flashing i think pats was not turned off in my tuner,

·
Registered
295 Posts
Just confirm that you have spark.

·
Registered
295 Posts
oh yeah... you're shut down. Get a re-flash and try again.

You should have power to the injector harness KOEO

·
Registered
295 Posts
I did use it, only the engine and PCM harness. The dash and chassis harness is the fox.

Actually, I didn't even use the power module (box), just spliced in the required power and put the appropriate fuses in line. Alot of these parts were hard to obtain back when I started.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Unfortunately I don't remember that anymore. I do recall from the PCm harness (CCRM) there was like four (4) wires that need power, 1 KOEO CCRM trigger wire (my memory says a green/yellow wire...?) and I merged all the grounds to one ground (other than the one near the PCM connection.

I have the SCT proRacer package, deactived the PATS and started first try.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Do you have the Ford wiring schematic (manual)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I hav an all data subscription. I cked 4 pins at the ecm pin 1, 26, 27, and 52 all have power also the ground and power pins at the ccrm cked ok, in a couple of hours am going to take my tuner to have cked out and make sure that i get PATS OFF, am using sct3

·
Registered
295 Posts
Good luck with it. I know in my ProRacer software its just one simple button to click...then send the flash.

Regarding the wiring, you can do an easy check, with the Key one (in run position) you should have power at the injectors, MAF, TB, etc. I remember it was the same ref. voltage across all those items.

I'm sure you are wired fine, but another easy check is to listen to the CCRM relays click on with the key turn. This is just some diag. info that I've helped others with. I'm pretty sure the PATS is the culprit since you have the flashing light. Once you get it fired up you can enjoy any and all the codes you may have missed turning off in the software.

Keep us up to date.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Sorry for the multiple posts, but one more thing to consider...

I had a guy I was helping over the internet that wired everything correct, except the PCM / CCRM trigger wire he choose was only "hot" during "Key On"....NOT in the "start" position as well.

Not sure what harnesses you are using where but this simple error will allow the car to crank, show voltage at the PCM etc with Key On, then turn off the voltage during cranking.

Again, something to consider... but trying to troubleshoot over the net is challenging.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Everett thanks for the help i cked the wires, i had the ecm powered up just on the run position and not on start too, i made a couple of connections and it fired right up! THANKS ALOT DUDE FEELS GREAAT TO HAVE RUNNING !

·
Registered
295 Posts
GREAT NEWS!! Congrats on the 1st fire up.

I'm glad I remembered that. It's such an oversight I'm sure many have fallen victim to this.

Well I'm glad I was able to help you out. Now, return the favor and post some pics of your whip.

Jeff

1 - 18 of 18 Posts