Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have been on here a few years, but just bounce around the site looking at everyone else. I have an 88 Coupe that was a 4 cyl. auto converted to a 5 speed 306. Since I bought the car back in April, I have changed a few things on the motor and now I am gutting it and redoing it. I already have a Whippled, SRA, nitrous 03 Cobra, so on this one I plan on finding an 03/04 Cobra that has been wrecked and use the harness and interior out of it, but leaving the motor to sell the rolling shell. I have a spare 03 block that is being built for my Cobra and I'm pulling the stock block and refreshing it and probably going towards a TT setup or a larger Procharger. Ill keep updating the thread as I make progress on the car. Any advice or comments are appreciated. I know many of you have done these conversions and any help or tips would be really helpful. I am only 20 and I am trying to conquer all of this on my own, minus the roll cage that will go in. Now onto the pics and progress:

So far I have pulled the motor and removed most of the interior and pulled the harnesses out. My wife and I are moving to a new house on Weds, so once we get there, the car will go on jackstands and the suspension will come off.

·
Registered
309 Posts
all you FL guys find it so easy to find parts and donors(coming from a former FL guy) its enough to make the rest of us jealous....ah well, its looking good, theres nthing I lke better than a clean notch...I could swear I have seen that plate before though...I used to live in the Tampa/St Pete/Sarasota area...is that where you are?

·
Registered
194 Posts
strawberry calipso red... miss my 92 coupe... :(

Ok, Im back... GREAT looking rig!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
all you FL guys find it so easy to find parts and donors(coming from a former FL guy) its enough to make the rest of us jealous....ah well, its looking good, theres nthing I lke better than a clean notch...I could swear I have seen that plate before though...I used to live in the Tampa/St Pete/Sarasota area...is that where you are?
Haha thanks, and yes I live in Clearwater. I can't wait to get my hands on a Cobra though because that is when the fun starts.

strawberry calipso red... miss my 92 coupe... :(

Ok, Im back... GREAT looking rig!!
Thanks, I love the color of it. The previous owner had it painted, but there are a lot of minor imperfections that you can't see unless you're right on it. I guess it's a 2 foot car :dunno2:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.