Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

I found a solid donor. Now.......??

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  cobradrivr 
#1 ·
I found someone willing to swap, now money is kinda short for the both of us so....Can the swap be done straight up?
I will mod the solid slowly while it is in the car.
So can the solid come out and all the stuff to go with just bolt right up to my car?
Will the IRS go right into the GT?
What about my rear brakes,am i gonna have to use the GT rear brakes now? Will the brake lines be the same? Basicly what im gettin at is...Am i gonna have to buy anything to do the swap? THANKS FOR ANY HELP! :beer:

#2 ·
Someone will have to buy parts. The Cobra driveshaft works with the IRS so if you put in the solid you need to swap pinion flanges to keep the driveshafts in the respective cars. No brake lines need to be swapped and if you keep the GT rotors/pads as part of the swap then you will be able to run 15" drag wheels. The calipers are the same on both cars, just the caliper brackets are different to properly space the caliper onto the rotor. Also you each will obviously need to trade catbacks.

Hope this helps some.

--Joe

#4 ·
the only thing you need to buy is ujoints.. you are lookin for ones with gt bearings on one said and cobra bearings on the other. so eachothers pinion flanges match together with the drive shafts. nothing else needs to be bought.

#5 ·
You do not need to swap brake lines. Its a direct bolt in for each vehicle. Take the GT rotors and pads. Keep your calipers.

To retain your DS just go to NAPA and pick up 2 Precision 448 u joints. One for your DS and one for his. You need to swap the yoke of the GT DS to your Cobra DS and vice versa. That U joint will enable you to do that. Its like $20

#6 ·
You do not need to swap brake lines. Its a direct bolt in for each vehicle. Take the GT rotors and pads. Keep your calipers.

To retain your DS just go to NAPA and pick up 2 Precision 448 u joints. One for your DS and one for his. You need to swap the yoke of the GT DS to your Cobra DS and vice versa. That U joint will enable you to do that. Its like $20
Thanks for your words of wisdom. :beer: Big help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.