Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my Accufab 90mm throttle body and am about to put it on my 6061.com intake elbow... Does anyone have pics of how they connected the throttle linkage (cruise control and throttle cable) from their conversions? I've got a 99-04. Also pics of what you did for the TPS and IAC??

Definitely need some pics please!! Thanks!!

· Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Still looking for exact pics and a little help with TPS and throttle linkage pics... A description on what exactly everyone has done for both? Do I need to get an 87-93 TPS sensor and just splice it in along with a throttle cable?? Pics with anyone who has
the 6061.com elbow and fox 90mm TB on a 99-04 GT would be much appreciated.

· Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This is back open for suggestions comments and know-how... The 87-93 throttle cable is A LOT longer than a standard 99-04. Unless the length varies between the auto and manual cables on the fox's than this is not right at all.

Any other people who have done this with experience please help me out! Thanks guys.

· Registered
1,586 Posts
I've done the swap before on a friends car. I took the "plastic" bracket on the throttle body arm off. The thing that the cable attaches to. I then install it on the new TB arm.

· Registered
1,586 Posts
The 86-93 cable is literally 6-8" longer??

And I appreciate the help but I need someone who has this on their car with pics, please!!! I'd really appreciate it!!
I have no picture and this was someone tying to help you. If you do like I described it, it will work. You will need an 03-04 cobra throttle and cc cable. Look at your stock TB and remove the plastic half moon piece that the cable hooks/wraps around then attach that to the new TB. You'll have to play with the location a little bit to get the arch correct.

· Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have no picture and this was someone tying to help you. If you do like I described it, it will work. You will need an 03-04 cobra throttle and cc cable. Look at your stock TB and remove the plastic half moon piece that the cable hooks/wraps around then attach that to the new TB. You'll have to play with the location a little bit to get the arch correct.
AGHH! OH!! ok, so this is great, thanks JPICC!! That wasnt meant for you, I have done what "other people" have said they have done and then come to find out they havent even done it for themselves, this is what they heard from so and so and this is how he did it and the information has been wrong... that was already after I wasted money buying a damn 87-93 throttle cable for listening to them!! $110 for no reason! lol

If youve done it, Tell me exacly what I need and I will listen but now this is why i was needing pictures because a couple different people have had different solutions and ? I dont exactly know what either means to do....

· Registered
427 Posts
AGHH! OH!! ok, so this is great, thanks JPICC!! That wasnt meant for you, I have done what "other people" have said they have done and then come to find out they havent even done it for themselves, this is what they heard from so and so and this is how he did it and the information has been wrong... that was already after I wasted money buying a damn 87-93 throttle cable for listening to them!! $110 for no reason! lol

If youve done it, Tell me exacly what I need and I will listen but now this is why i was needing pictures because a couple different people have had different solutions and ? I dont exactly know what either means to do....
If I am not mistaken, bloody-mustang said he used the fox throttle cable. Going by his pictures and posts...he HAS done this and did it with a fox throttle cable. This is not a common mod, and not ment to be plug and play. Only one person on here said they have it done, and one other said they had helped do it in the past.

Let me say, you can make it work with EITHER a fox cable or 03-04 cobra cable. I have helped people do it, but I dont have pictures. You might have to be creative and find what works the best for you. If you look closely in this thread at the picture, you will see the throttle cable, the orientation of the throttle body and how everything else was routed. You should be able to fill in the blanks from there.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.