Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

Will these wheels fit as a drag wheel option? Wheel experts in here pelase

4K views 44 replies 16 participants last post by  94tbird 
#1 ·
Weld Racing Aluma-Star 2.0 Wheels: WLD-788-510216 - summitracing.com

I'm looking into options for a drag race 15" rim because i can not find weld XP's anywhere and i don't want to pay 1700 for bogarts.

This is the right bolt pattern. but im not sure about the offset or the backspacing. I'm attempting to get them to fit without the wheel sticking out of the wheel well at all, or at least very little

This wheel also comes in a 7" and a 6" backspacing.

So tell me what i need to make this work? spacers 1/4 1/2 or what?

Any help would be appreciated.

By the way if we can get these to work and they fit well, i may be able to organize a group buy for a lower price. i have a friend who has been dealing with American Racing Wheels for over 25 years and They own Weld now so i might be able to make it happen

#2 ·
with 8" of backspacing you might have a shot with about a 1/2" or so depending on how the wheel is made and it might not stick out past the fenders. What I would do is go to autozone or somewhere else local and buy 4 or so 1/4" spacers and keep adding till you clear and then get a nice set of spacers for whatever size works if it works at all.

#4 ·
#8 ·
OK I give up :p

even though 17" have been 9 sec in 1/4 :friends:

Will

#9 ·
im trying to reduce rotating mass, not add to it lol. rotating mass is a lot more weight than static standstill mass. plus i can run a much larger sidewalled tire than i can with a 17"

#13 ·
i just want some front runners for now and im not paying 400+ for one wheel lol.(not yet at least) and on the fronts i dont care if i ahve to order a spacer.lemme know how it goes tbird cause im all about getting the most for my $$$~! yes im cheap lol

#15 ·
subcribing

#23 ·
#19 ·
Yea, I wanted a light weight wheel, not a light weight wallet.

#20 ·
Its not for everyone, sorry if you dont want to dish out the money for those, but they are made to fit perfect no changes are necessary. Id rather wait and pay for them then compromise for something else. For someone who spent a good chunk of money on there car making sure it was built right with good parts , Im surprised you would complain about the cost of the wheels.
But hey not everyone wants to spend good money on wheels.
Id be very curious to see what weighs more a 28"tire combo on a 15"aluminum wheel or a 17" aluminum wheel with a 28"tire combo.

Pete

#21 ·
My biggest issue with Bogarts is that I want a wheel that I can drive on the street. Bogarts aren't DOT approved and can and do fail when driven on the street.

#24 ·
They are a bit pricey but they look fantastic.
Besides I dont pay retail for them , a buddy of mine is a dealer for them so Ill pay cost.

Pete

#27 ·
hook me up with something right over cost that doesnt cost much!! ;)
i run a 1,1/4 billet spacer that comes with studs no need to replace the stock ones ,with weld pro stars 15x3.5 with moroso ds2 front runners.no problems here.rims were $250.00 for both and both tires were $220.00 .so for $470.00 shipped, i got my front skinnys and tires for the price of 1 Bogart and half a tire would cost. and the pro stars are just as light.

#34 ·
not bad. id liek to get a taller tire to help make up for the 4.11 gears out back like a 28" tall tire
MT has a couple of new 17" ET Street Radials listed:

3744R P315/35R17 26X12.50R17 31lbs R2 Rim:11.0-12.0 11.0 12.7 11.7 25.78 81
3745R P295/45R17 28X11.50R17 33lbs R2 Rim:9.5-11.0 10.0 11.6 10.6 27.2 85.4

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.