Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

94 MK VIII Teksid into 67 Fairlane

2334 Views 58 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  eschaider
I recently acquired my 67 Fairlane and shortly thereafter a 94 MK VIII with high miles but in running condition. I've read about some similar swaps on the forum but none specific to the 67 Fairlane. I'm in the research and planning phase now.
The donor runs ok but has 214,xxx miles. Planning to rebuild at least the top end and timing set. Considering bottom end honing, bearings, etc. Planning to use as much as possible from the Lincoln.
Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Vehicle Car

Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Wheel Tire

Tire Wheel Car Sky Vehicle
See less See more
Reactions: 2
1 - 6 of 59 Posts
I recently acquired my 67 Fairlane and shortly thereafter a 94 MK VIII with high miles but in running condition. I've read about some similar swaps on the forum but none specific to the 67 Fairlane. I'm in the research and planning phase now.
The donor runs ok but has 214,xxx miles. Planning to rebuild at least the top end and timing set. Considering bottom end honing, bearings, etc. Planning to use as much as possible from the Lincoln. View attachment 176244
View attachment 176243
View attachment 176241
View attachment 176242
View attachment 176240

A friend of mine in California built this Hudson with the drivetrain from a 1994 Mark VIII]

Car Vehicle Wheel Tire Hood

Motor vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design Vehicle
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design Bumper

Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Attachments

See less See more
Reactions: 1
The donor runs ok but has 214,xxx miles. Planning to rebuild at least the top end and timing set. Considering bottom end honing, bearings, etc. Planning to use as much as possible from the Lincoln. View attachment 176244
View attachment 176243
View attachment 176241
View attachment 176242
View attachment 176240

I’m almost done installing a 1993 Mark VIII engine in my 79 F100
I’m running a Holley Terminator X max, Dakota Digital Mark VIII custom instrument cluster with a pair of mid mounted STS twin turbos, I swapped out the cams from a Mustang Cobra engine, installed new timing chain kit along with a new Melling billet oil pump and changed out the pan to a 7qt Moroso aluminum pan and installed a Tuff Stuff 225amp alternator to power all the add ons.
Fatman Fabrication IFS under the front and 95 Town Car 8.8 rear with 3:73 Detroit locker, four linked sitting on bags.
Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Aircraft

Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle

Motor vehicle Hood Vehicle Automotive tire Black
See less See more
I actually sold my 351 core last weekend to a guy who owns a machine shop for a couple hundred bucks and credit at his shop.... He's going to clean up the block and hone it, etc. So I guess I'm doing the bottom end too. Looking at Forged internals. Rods, pistons at least. Probably going flat top as well. Would cobra cams from a 2003 DOHC fit in my heads?

Check with MMR racing in California
And

they are both great sources for performance add ons.
I actually sold my 351 core last weekend to a guy who owns a machine shop for a couple hundred bucks and credit at his shop.... He's going to clean up the block and hone it, etc. So I guess I'm doing the bottom end too. Looking at Forged internals. Rods, pistons at least. Probably going flat top as well. Would cobra cams from a 2003 DOHC fit in my heads?
I don’t know about the 2003 Cobra cams, I used some from an 01.
There are two other companies that make performance cams for this engine if you don’t mind dropping an additional 2 grand
View attachment 176243
View attachment 176241
View attachment 176242
View attachment 176240
Another friend of mine in Norway built this 1975 F100 utilizing the front clip and rear IRS from a 94 Mark VIII
He’s an engineer on Deep Blue pipe laying vessel, he’s got some talent too.
Vehicle Car Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design

Vehicle Hood Car Motor vehicle Automotive design

Wheel Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Bumper

Wheel Tire Plant Vehicle Motor vehicle
See less See more
That's exactly the issue... Found some 03 cobra cams for $300...
[/QUOTE

This is another Lincoln Mark VIII swap done with I believe a 1956 Crown Vic done back in around 2006 by Wayne Dean of South Carolina
He’s getting up in age and hasn’t built anything the past few years, I saw him at the Grand National F100 show in Pigeon Forge Tennessee back in May. He was the inspiration for my 79 F100
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

Vehicle Car Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle
See less See more
Reactions: 1
1 - 6 of 59 Posts