What happened to the "edit" icon?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Default What happened to the "edit" icon?

Cuz I can't find it. I can't seem to edit posts that I just did. Am I missing something?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: What happened to the "edit" icon?

They Have This Thing Now Where You Cant Edit It After Ten Minutes or 15................................................ ........
    When I Saw That, I Was Like, ''hmm..........okay.''
    Last edited by [email protected]; 11-01-2007 at 03:02 PM.

Well that's weird because I tried to edit it almost immediately and wasn't able to. Oh well, I dunno... Thanks for the heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    They Have This Thing Now Where You Cant Edit It After Ten Minutes or 15................................................ ........
    I also noticed that when you post a link, they turned off the link identifier.. This is where the link tells you the subject of what your posting..

Now when you post a link, its just garbled.. I don't know why the site owners would damage their websites presentation like this..

I know it was sparked as a result of political debates.. However, to make the entire forum suffer by keeping links unidentified does not make any sense..

I was going to email Eric or Elisa about it, but figured they must already know what they have done, so why bother.. LOL!

I bet you if I PM Elisa to fix it, she would.. She doesn't get too caught up in political drama.. LOL! I know Eric does! He considers me a lunatic!

Can't say I blame him! I hate politics actually.. I wish we all could just live in peace..

Actually there is an irony to it all.. Which says that those who point out fanatical lunatics in government, will be looked upon as fanatical lunatics.. LOL!!

So posting a link to prove your not making up this stuff, only reinforces the theory to your lunacy..

Take this situation for an example.. Another Gay Male Republican gets caught in the act..

http://www.kirotv.com/news/14473628/detail.html

Now if I were to make a thread of how many male republican politicians there are that are gay, I would be called insane.. LOL!

But there it is...

It really is quite astonishing how many there are.. Its a rather interesting subject for discussion.. However, the subject is very sensitive and there is no telling who will get upset about it. So its not worth the discussion..

Premium Member Array Eric Brooks's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by s8v4ovic View Post
    Cuz I can't find it. I can't seem to edit posts that I just did. Am I missing something?
    There is a time limit to edit posts.

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    What do you think is an acceptable time.

Quote Originally Posted by MSP View Post
    I also noticed that when you post a link, they turned off the link identifier.. This is where the link tells you the subject of what your posting..

Now when you post a link, its just garbled.. I don't know why the site owners would damage their websites presentation like this..

I know it was sparked as a result of political debates.. However, to make the entire forum suffer by keeping links unidentified does not make any sense..

I was going to email Eric or Elisa about it, but figured they must already know what they have done, so why bother.. LOL!

I bet you if I PM Elisa to fix it, she would.. She doesn't get too caught up in political drama.. LOL! I know Eric does! He considers me a lunatic!

Can't say I blame him! I hate politics actually.. I wish we all could just live in peace..
    I didn't specifically turn off "a link identifier" like you say, I turned off a vBulletin add-on that I had installed which is used for search engine optimization. Instead of showing just a link, it showed the name of the page you were linking too.... this adds additional overhead which makes the site load and work slower, so for now it is disabled.

Your posts in this thread show that you are overboard, and perhaps a "lunatic".

Gays all over do not suprise me, just shows how corrupt the world is. I do not agree with homosexuality period, but to each his own. The Bible says "two men ought not lay together" - Slingblade....

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Brooks View Post
    What do you think is an acceptable time.
    I think 1 day or 24hrs would be acceptable.. Not that I matter.. But this way if people are working on projects which include posting pictures, and such they can edit an old post within a reasonable amount of time..

Also, sometimes threads get heated, and some people may say things they don't really mean.. Once they cool off, they can go back before the other person reads it and edit it with something more reasonable..

There are many situations which could cause one to go back and edit their post.. Allowing enough time for members to change their mind, is an honorable and noble thing for you to allow for Eric..

It might also make for a more peaceful place, where people are allowed to take back things mentioned in the heat of a debate or argument.. We are all human, and sometimes we make mistakes, or say things we don't mean..

I edited this post 5 times Eric.. For errors.. Edit is a good thing..
    Last edited by MSP; 11-01-2007 at 08:08 PM.

It takes 24 hours to decide that you were heated? What about 4 hours?

We have the limit set low to keep people honest, thats all.

It takes 24 hours to decide that you were heated? What about 4 hours?

We have the limit set low to keep people honest, thats all.

4 hrs would be great Eric! You know sometimes we spell things rong.. If we can hafe a chanc to edit werds, people might repect each oother mooree.. LOL!!

Haha, 4 hours I can agree too.

Done

Haha, 4 hours I can agree too.

Thats cool Eric.. This way when guys are building a thread with pics, they can keep the pics in one post.. Instead of posting, then someone comments in between the pics..

You did good Sir!!

Thank you.

For the record, I still think you are nuts.

17. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 Last