Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I were to somehow find and afford an 03 crate motor, what else would I have to do to install it (besides tuning and a cowl hood)? I'd have to re-route the plug wires b/c the 03 has the blower pully in the way. The returnless fuel system I have now would be ok w/ a better pump and injectors, right? How about the intercooler reservoir? Can that be mounted anywhere? Does it have rubber hoses or steel lines running to it? Are the A/C and P/S pumps in the same location as the other 4.6s? My t-45 should work till I could afford stronger (I think...). Any problems you know of that I might run into?

Sorry for all the questions, but you guys seem to be the most knowledgable about the "TERMINATORS". I was thinking it would be just as cheap as a fully built engine w/ a blower in the long run... I wouldn't have to pay a shop to build the engine, I can just swap them at home.

This is what I have in the GT now, so I think the transition to the 03 wouldn't be that bad:

Thanks,
Darren

·
Registered
191 Posts
Swapping a 03 motor woudl be cool but its so expensive just for the motor. I think they are running around 12,500 to 13grand.
I think the best way to keep cost down if you have your heart set out on a 03 motor swap would be to contact a salvage dealer and have them look for (hate to say this) totaled 03 cobra. Unfortunately they already have some totaled 03 cobras. Given the ability of these cars to make so much power, you need to think about a good transmission to handle the power. Right now the T56 seems to be holding out but you may want to check out a built auto to handle your needs.
I wish I knew more but thats all I really know.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Eric Brooks said:
Why not use the coil on plug? Seems to work ok
To use the COPs, I would have to change my EEC to a 99+ Cobra. If I did that I would have to change my fuel tank to returnless which would mean new lines, tank, etc... At least thats what my tuner told me.

Originally posted by modular maniac
now Darren you know all you had to do was come over and ask me, I have a complete list here
Don
I know you did the 03 blower onto the 01 4V and was planning to ask on a couple different forums, but I had to go to work.

Darren

1 - 6 of 6 Posts