Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For anyone thinking of doing this it was a pain in the a$$. Only because I had to pull the motor or deal with the LT's. However I will tell you that the tranny mounted up good to the motor and existing auto crossmember, however I had to coax it into the cab with a dremel. It was to far forward by 1 inch to come through. Other than that it went fine. Tomorrow we shall see how it runs and if it throws any codes or not and if the speedo works.. :blob

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
well the car wont start. It acts like its in gear I checked all the plugs, I am thinking that either the new ECU has it messed up or theh plug that used to go to the auto shifter must be bypassed or something

·
Registered
100 Posts
Bummer. Good luck.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
1 way or the other it will work, I think I busted the positive pole on the inside of the starter, checking into that later this week

·
Registered
630 Posts
I used the TR3550 and Lakewood bell. It bolted right in the stock cross member location. I only had to shave a very thin bit from the trans tunnel to clear the B&M ripper shifter. Your OD light will flash for life though.

I was told by Barry Sheaperd at WFC 1 1998 in KY to leave the stock ECU in because it doesn't pull timing out like a stick ECU. Mine already had a Hypertech chip in the auto ECU, so it was a big improvement. You can really see how much an auto steals power when you do a swap like this.

How did you get the brake to shifter lock cable out (if that's what you call it)? I just cut mine and left it in the car.

Much respect for you man, only those who have done it know what a pain it is. Not an easy thing to do at all - the hardest thing I'd done to my car.

Good Luck man. - John

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I lowered the steering column down and unbolted it its only 4 bolts and teh whole column comes off. I have a stick ECU for mine also that I was going to put in, I still have the auto one too with the fordchip in it I can use. I am going to Finish it up Tuesday and see if it will start or not with the new starter

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am trying that wednesday when I get back in it, yours throw any codes or anything, plus I can utilize my fordchip for that extra 5 HP ...lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts