VT Engines Customer Thread - Page 4

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 First 123456789 Last

Default Re: VT Engines Customer Thread

Just saw the thread. I am out $4344. My credit card company is fighting it right now.

I will post back once I hear something.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

What exactly did you guys say to your credit card company? I am having a hard time dealing with my credit card company right now. Any help would be great.

Just another old guy Array PGreenSVT's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 10"Terror View Post
    Good stuff Mitch! Keep me updated please!
    You bet. Good stuff on the CMS. Best of luck to you.

5. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

Jackers, PM sent

wow! So i just learned of all this VT owes me about $8600 +/- for a 305 long block build they were doing for me that i ordered this past spring... guess i will be contacting my credit card company as well.... I hate to bring this up but has anyone thought about some type of class action law suit against the owners of the company espcially those of us having a hard time getting our money/parts back?

thanks, i've already contacted the credit card company and started that process.. I also mentioned it to a lawyer friend (although she is not buisness lawyer)... but she said that depending on the situtaion the company that purchased VT could be held responisible and/or the owners if there was deceit/fraud involved... i dunno its not my area of expertise... if my credit card company gives me the money back i won't worry about it most likely... just start looking for another builder.

Check with VTCED. They had a number of engines built and waiting for payment from VTE so yours might be sitting there already finished. That is the case with mine and I just received it yesterday. I did the charge back, paid VTCED and they shipped it right out.

Senior Member Array

If I can add a little to this to the guys who have or may have engines at VTCED, instead of relying on e-mail, call these guys. They are as interested as you are in getting their money out of the work they performed.

You have to remember from Jim and Scott's posts, VTCED did machine work and assembly, not purchase any of the parts, which is the expensive part. I would be willing to bet they would take whatever they were charging VTE for the work and ship your engines. You may be out a little more cash than originally anticipated, but at least you may not be out all the money and have nothing to show for it.

Also, as Jim Fitzgerald said earlier, the typical modus operandi for CC companies is to issue a temporary credit to your account. They send a letter off to VT about the dispute. VT has 60 days to respond with their side, if they do not respond, the credit is perminant.

They also have my entire longblock. Paid $8995 got the engine a year ago with a leaky head, sent it back this past July to get fixed and they still have it. Who do I call to just get it shipped back to me and cut my losses? My heads are someplace completely different last I heard. Do I call the 989 number? Has anyone had any luck actually getting a hold of someone?

Got my chargeback funded. Just like everyone else, waiting the outcome of the inquiry.

Senior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by isdnmatt View Post
    They also have my entire longblock. Paid $8995 got the engine a year ago with a leaky head, sent it back this past July to get fixed and they still have it. Who do I call to just get it shipped back to me and cut my losses? My heads are someplace completely different last I heard. Do I call the 989 number? Has anyone had any luck actually getting a hold of someone?
    Email Scotty Brown at scottybrown@vtcompetitionengines.com . He will reply fairly quickly.

I am filing a small claims lawsuit against those involved in this dispute. If anyone has info on Chris Bower and his employees please PM me or email at jgoolish@comcast.net I am looking for names, addresses, and phone numbers so they can be served after I file suit. Thanks
    Last edited by yellowgt; 12-10-2007 at 03:05 PM. Reason: sp

It's a corporation. They are not liable.

I wouldn't write it off completely.

If it's an S Corp he has a chance.

I would also include the business name in the suit.

This is not a place to discuss lawsuits guys.

18. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread