VT Engines Customer Thread - Page 9

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 First ... 23456789
    Senior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by 4.6LPoppy View Post
    Jim's correct. It would be a civil suit and since they are broke there would be no money to get. The only way anyone would go to jail is if they were accused, indicted and convicted of fraud. That's probably what it was, especially toward the end, but its not going to happen. Frustrating, but life goes on.
    Hate to see people get burned like this in this hobby. Take them to civil court and don't look back. They might not have money in the bank, but I'm sure they have assests that can easily be converted into $$$ if you win a civil judgment. If they're mechanics, they have tools...and tools are pricey...and can be auctioned for $$$ by the appropriate authorities. Depending on the way they set up their business (LLC, partnership, sole proprietorship, corp, s-corp, whatever) or lack theirof their personal assets can be fair game. Even if they were set up to try to protect their personal assets (LLC, for example) a lawyer worth their weight in gold can probably find out how to get at their personal assets....I beleive it's called "piercing the corp. vail." In any event, I'm no lawyer, but I am actively and vigorously engaged in civil suit against a shop owner, "builder" who screwed me for a bunch of time and money....and you can win b/c I did.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member Array blk04cobra1's Avatar

I seriously hate to keep adding to this thread, but I just got a call from the machinist who is fixing my block that VT did not install Darton sleeves. I do believe most everything else is right, but the sleeves are what caused this issue in the first place.

Member Array

blk04cobra... I see you are from Charlotte. I lived in Mocksville NC untill a few years ago. I don't know if you have ever heard of a shop in Moorsville called modular madness, but they were doing the same thing to people before the owner closed shop and moved to florida. I know this from personal experience, as they fried the stock motor that was in my truck at that time. Like I said before, if it wasn't for Mike Troyer, they probably would have gotten away with cutting corners with my motor. I feel for ya dude, as the shop in NC got me for about half as they got you when it was all said and done. It's hard for me to trust just about any high performance shops anymore as it seems like there are way too many out there who are just ripping people off..

5. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member Array blk04cobra1's Avatar

Jbravo--I know who you are referring to. Unfortunately I used to be apart of a shop myself, all though I am a straight forward and honest person, my former business partner was not(it just took me too long to figure this out). It's definitely been a big setback for myself and the car, but it's almost made me not even want to modify anything again. Anyways, it will be fixed right this time and then it will be for sale and I'll move on to something else or even just give it a rest for some time.

Sorry for bring back an old thread, but you guys are the ones that can help me. A friend of mine (PGreenSVT) passed away and he owns a big bore stroker VTCED engine. We have no paperwork on the engine. I was wondering if it's possible to determine what the engine build was. What internals were being used? What the cam specs might be? I know he planned for this engine to be a high RPM NA motor.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry for bring back an old thread, but you guys are the ones that can help me. A friend of mine (PGreenSVT) passed away and he owns a big bore stroker VTCED engine. We have no paperwork on the engine. I was wondering if it's possible to determine what the engine build was. What internals were being used? What the cam specs might be? I know he planned for this engine to be a high RPM NA motor.

Senior Member Array smashedheadcat's Avatar

I am sorry for your loss.

I can't say for sure what the specs of his engine are, but he did post this about 10 years ago:

Quote Originally Posted by PGreenSVT View Post
    Well I am shootin' for around 475rwhp with my new motor (324 NA, 11.77cr, P&Pd Fr500s, Custom cams, Sullivan intake, 7500-8000rpm)

9. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 First ... 23456789