Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it's been a long time since I started this swap and really took my time. As some know, I ran into a few snags but nothing that a dremel and a good grinder couldn't handle.

Upon doing this bullitt swap though, it made me wonder how many blown 96/98's are running around with 99+ engines and this sort of combination?

I will post up as much information as I can to hopefully help the next person that has the same type of combination as I do (i.e. 96/98 GT running coil packs, bullitt intake, Vortech S trim, 96/97 fuel rails, etc, etc, etc).

Here are some of the items that I'm aware of and give me a fit:

- If you run the bullitt alternator, you will need to grind down the back tabs on the alternator itself and that will give you clearance enough to have the serpentine belt riding fairly good and even on the alternator/idler pulley.

- You will need to modify the alternator bracket a little bit and elongate the holes a tad. I suspect this is due to me moving the alternator back a little for pulley clearance.

- There is hardly any room to work around and you'll have to think about what wires in sequence you want to go where.

Some notes before I post these few pictures up.

1. The plug wires are held in place by wire ties. I don't like that idea so I'll end up getting some kind of looms to make it look better and also fit better. But for now, it will work.

2. I have not connected up the EGR to the intake yet nor to the longtube headers, therefore, I did not start the car up. Sorry but I got tired and needed a break hehehehe.....

Oh well, hope to start this car up soon and see how she runs. I still have a few minor details to work out but hopefully I'll be back on the road soon < fingers crossed >.

Thanks for listening and here are a few pictures:

Good front shot to show you how I routed most of the stuff.

Side view with wires all over the place with all assortment of colors hehe... red, blue, with the magical wire ties:

Close up:

UPDATE: Started the car up today... almost done but need to hookup little springy that keeps throttle from sticking open :)

Take care and thanks for listening,
Tim

·
Registered
10 Posts
Have you done any mods to the bottom end of the motor?Or how about heads?I plan on running the same setup on my 97 GT I have a Vortech on it now,is the pieping for the blower the same for a bullit to fit the intake?Good luck on the rest

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Counterfit97 said:
Have you done any mods to the bottom end of the motor?Or how about heads?I plan on running the same setup on my 97 GT I have a Vortech on it now,is the pieping for the blower the same for a bullit to fit the intake?Good luck on the rest
Stock 2000 Engine, Bullitt intake, Cobra Throttle Body. Bullitt intake, Vortech S trim, Pro-M 80mm MAF, and other various suspension/fuel mods.

·
Registered
29 Posts
dude, when the heck was the last time you've driven that car?

i've been on the corral since the summer of 2000, i don't ever remember you posting about driving your car. lol

:D

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
97MattGT said:
dude, when the heck was the last time you've driven that car?

i've been on the corral since the summer of 2000, i don't ever remember you posting about driving your car. lol

:D
I drove it tonight ... shhhhh don't tell. hehehe...

·
Registered
2 Posts
That looks great man,even with the wires scattered about (I'd just end up leaving them that way anyway :D ) I was thinking about doing the same thing,when my financial situation allows it.
I was wondering,did you use the Vortech kit for a 98 because of the return fuel system,or for a 2000 since that the motor that you have in it?

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mr. Wright said:
That looks great man,even with the wires scattered about (I'd just end up leaving them that way anyway :D ) I was thinking about doing the same thing,when my financial situation allows it.
I was wondering,did you use the Vortech kit for a 98 because of the return fuel system,or for a 2000 since that the motor that you have in it?
I still run the 98 fuel system, however, only the lines that were originally on the 98. I run 97 fuel rails and two Walbro 255 fuel pumps (inline/intank).

I've driven the car a few days now... it runs great even without a good tune. Can't wait to get it tuned now :)

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Good Job...

R. Stinchcomb said:
....Tim, now drive it:D
you going to the track wth it anytime soon?

Randy
Randy,
I am still having a slight problem with the car. When I try to start it up sometimes the theft light will blink like crazy (normally associated with the PATS) but I know it's not PATS because with the new computer you sold me, I had new chips made. When trying to start the car though, the fan will come on and I have to cycle the key several times to get it to start..... very very strange, huh?

No plans to hit the track until the car is fully tuned.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts