Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm putting in a 98 svt moter in my 97 Linc mark 8 I've ran into a snag the svt has a 8 bolt crankshaft the mark is 6 bolt so the flex plate wont work I've done some lookin and the 4r70 is in a couple different cars and trucks like the 2001 ford f150 so I got one and the torqe converter bolts don't match so I had to guy at the parts store cross check the mark and f150 and the torqe converter and tranny are the same I don't get it so I was hope in somebody out their knows of a flex plate that will work????? Or a after market torqe converter and flex plate the will connect the 98svt to the mark witch do u recommend as for as a stall or ??? Does anybody make custom flex plats can I just drill the holes to match my torqe converter as long as everything is the same teeth and stuff also I was told ford only made 2 patterns on their crank shaft .6 and 8 can anybody help

·
Premium Member
3,942 Posts
Check into the 99/00 Mustang Auto flexplate. The 99/00 Mustangs used an 8 bolt crank, so the auto got fitted with a 8 bolt flexplate that you need. Should work.

Past that, Id give PA or another transcompany a call. Good luck. Sounds like a fun project.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts