Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
help me guys i cant figure when to shift, some guys say 5300 some say 6000 i go at 6000 and get low 14's sometimes high 13's with my mods i should be low 13's best et is [email protected] with a 2.3 60ft (crapy i know) when i shift at 5300 i break loose big time 1-2,2-3,3-4 when i shift at 6000 i get a little chirp and nothing 3-4

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
thats with no nos, i only have a n/a problem

·
Registered
492 Posts
If you ever had it on a dyno, the shop would be able to tell you from the graph what a good shift point would be for your setup. If not, I would try and get to one if your that concerned with it.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I think everyone here can say I shift at this or that, and it may not be right for him. Unless you can see on a dyno chart where the powerbands are, you will never know what your best shift point is unless you do nothing but change it till you find the right spot.

·
Registered
692 Posts
between 5800 and 6K. Lighten up your car. remove swaybars, quad shocks, spare tire/jack, rear seats and dogbone. No washer fluid and race with 1/8 tank of gas

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
im getting a dyno done on the 9th i already set up the appointment but im just curious for around the town races. im just shooting for a 13.3 in full street trim

·
Registered
492 Posts
kozumasbullitt said:
im getting a dyno done on the 9th i already set up the appointment but im just curious for around the town races. im just shooting for a 13.3 in full street trim
I cant say this enough. BE CAREFULL doing that on the streets. More people get killed that way, usually innocent bystanders. Tis why 98% of the people here do their racing on the track.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Are you going to Sac tonight? If so come on by. I'll be in the 01 Grey GT With Draglites all the way around.

·
Registered
24 Posts
what is up with that 60/ft? damn dude i think that you have 2 work on that first or get some nittos or somthing.look i did 102 mph and look at what a 1.7 60ft did for me.My car made peak power at 5200rpm and i shift about 5700rpm's.shifting at this rpm has netted me the best times and mph at the track.ph yeah nad learn how 2 drive:cool:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
im not going to the track for a while
but do you roll with sacstangs or know jens or tarik?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
tuffpny

1 - 13 of 13 Posts