Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone heard of a secret mode were you can make your odometer display,display mph,tach,oil psi,or volts digitally?
my friend says there is a secret sequence of key turns and pushing the trip reset button..any feedback please and if i find out ill post.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Um, it's no secret, and it's actually quite simple. Hold the odometer reset button in for 5 seconds, turn the key to the ACC position, the one where the key rests after you started your car, but dont start it, and dont let go of the odometer reset till you see the odometer say test. There are lots of things there like Diagnostic trouble codes and rpm, etc... Once the odometer changes over, you can start the car. Then you can cycle through all the different functions by pressing the odometer reset button. The following link is more detailed, and where I found out how to do it.Instument Cluster Digital Readout Have fun, I did for the first couple of days after I learned how to do it

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks thats pretty cool.to bad it cant stay on forever

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it says for 99-00 will this work for 01-03

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
just tested it it works!

·
Registered
518 Posts
That is about the coolest thing to me since slice bread! :D

But, what is the "fuel" function reading and how do you read it? I couldn't find the chart!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
me to ??????????????

·
Registered
253 Posts
Such a secret its in your owners manual.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
what page??not in my manual???

·
Registered
64 Posts
Eric Brooks said:
Have not heard of this, I know you turn off the seatbelt alarm by doing a bunch of crazy things. Let us know
How in the hell do you do that...I've been wanting to get rid of that since I got the car...:D

I would appreciate it if someone would direct me to a link or something....thanks.

Chuck

·
Registered
37 Posts
Shibby said:
How in the hell do you do that...I've been wanting to get rid of that since I got the car...:D

I would appreciate it if someone would direct me to a link or something....thanks.

Chuck
It's in your owner's manual... basically a long sequence of mumbo-jumbo, involving buckling and unbuckling the seatbelt, etc. Works like a charm though... that was my first "mod" =P

1 - 18 of 18 Posts