Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the forum. I have a 99 Mustang Cobra. It's stock except for a K&N Filter.

The plan next spring is to add a Supercharger. ATI or Vortech are the current plans.

However, I was recently rear-ended. The damage isn't bad just the back bumper and tips. I could have the stock tips cut off and a new piece welded in place. However, the check from the woman's insurance paid for a cat-back system.

Hence, after that long description, I'm wondering what system and where to mail/web order it from.

I'm thinking X pipe and cat back initially. But, if the price is right I could probably add headers to the engine. The leading brands I'm considering are Magnaflow, Bassani and Borla. Any thoughts out there as to what would be good for the application and what place would offer a decent price and shipping.

Sorry, new here I have a few MuscleMustang Fast Ford mags and they have companies but I thought some actual experience from some members may be useful.

Thanks ALL for your help!

·
The BarTender
1,651 Posts
Welcome to the board, Were here to help.
Out of the 3 exhausts you have named I would say the Magnaflow sounds the best out of them. I've heard all 3 and that's just my opinion. I actually run a full Mac setup on my car and love it though. If you want the loudest out there then Mac is the brand for you.

I'd reccomend trying to hear a few different exhausts before purchasing one. Also the X and H-pipes make the car sound different as well. I'm not an X-pipe fan but there's many here who are. It's all just a matter of opinion really.

The best way to get a good deal is to just click one of the banner ads here on the site. They are located at the top and bottom of the forums. The way I see it is these companies support the site and make it possible for all of us to be here so we should in turn support them. Also all of the advertisers here are top notch companies and will give you a good deal.

Razor.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the help.

I'm trying to Check out Mustang Exhaust and will see. Actually, I'm looking for HP/Torque gain more so then loudness. A deep throaty sound would be good so I'll listen to clips.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I think the deepest/throatiest sound I have heard from a 4.6 came from a Mac Pro-Chamber with 2 Chamber Flowmaster catback. This is just the deepest I have heard.. Sounded great! I will be going with O/R H and Magnaflow for my 99, my 96 has O/R H and 2 Chamber Flowmasters and it always gets compliments.

·
Registered
251 Posts
The deepest setup I've ever heard was a VRS off road x with Bassani. The VRS orx isn't the best design similar to my UPR but does give a deeper sound compared to a Magnaflow, Bassani, or Dr. Gas X pipe. My friend and I believe this is due to the basic design in the X. Bottom line VRS/UPR off road X pipe and a Bassani catback will be the best sounding and show a nice gain.

The sound is similar to the one from Mustangexhaust.com under X-Pipe/Bassani with Magnaflow ORX and Quiet Thunder. :D Sounds good to me!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts