Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im in the process of makein a new build its a 5.4 dohc turbo cams livernois stage 3 cobra heads it has 9.5 to 1 compression bs3 it has a borg warner 80mm on it now but im looking for something bigger i have a 91 mm with .96ar y2k ball bearing turbo from turbonitcs. i know this is very general and i know of all the stuff that factor in on getting a turbo to spool up. But most of the cars i seen have 88mm on them and they say they spool pretty good. Does any one have a 91 on theres if so how you like it?

Do you guys think this is to big?

· Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks thats kinda what i was thinking too. As far as what i wanta do with the car its still a street car it weights about 3350-3400 with driver but i want to try and put it in the 8s i know a lot of people doing it with smaller turbos but a little over kill never hurts lol and if its to slow spooling i have a 50 shot ill throw on it lol

· Registered
699 Posts
at that weight you will only need 9-950 to put it in the 8's why not have the best of both worlds spool and hp billet 80 or 88 I would do a billet GT47-88 gives you room to grow and is not too big

· Registered
699 Posts
Looking at his build there is no budget and you can find them for close to half that and the 91 can be sold to offset it.

· Registered
302 Posts
We have a Precision 108 on our shelby race car. We could not get it to make over 5lbs off the line so we had to add a little nitrous to the mix. The nitrous only works when transbrake is applied. Once released the nitrous shuts off for rest of pass. Doing this we were able to leave at 10-15lbs. Car has been a 7.85 so far. Should be 7.50s once we get it to leave a little better.

· Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the imput guys. 7.85 man that thing is moving I should have the motor back in around 3weeks when i get back home ill post sum pics and post them so yall can check it out. Then stick it on the dyno

· Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sorry took so long for pics i been kinda busy, had to move the turbo from the passenger side to driverside so can have a down pipe made for it. Should have all the pieces put back together in a week or two then a break in tune for it then geting BS3 put on. Sorry for all the clutter and crap in the pics i know it looks bad lol

· Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
OK been a while sence i updated this been really busy with work and other things finally got this thing put together and running. We dynoed it about a month ago it made 720 rwhp threw the auto and 680 tq with 13.5 psi and pump gas timing was 16deg across. Took it to the track for a few shakedown passes 1st pass was 6.34 in the 1/8 next pass was 6.28 1/8 mile it was leaving good and going straight as can be so i decided to run it 1/4 on the next pass added 200 RPM to the 2step and 1 pound of boost off the line it went 6.15 @ 116 and 9.51 @ 146. Im pretty happy with this at low boost i have it in the shop right now geting a cage put in it then im gonna add some race fuel and some boost and see what happens. I do have a question tho i have a navigator lower intake with the MMR sheetmetal upper i found a guy that has a sulivan intake with the elbow and 90mm tb do you guys think it would be worth swaping it out with mine? i only turn the motor to 6500rpm

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.