Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
expert opins needed pls.. dyno'd yesterday and I was told the a/f is satisfactory... I'm just wanting to know if you think it's safe. I've not chipped it because I didnt want to nuke the warranty just yet.

If you cant read it.. yell, I'll post tabulary.

In addition to below... yesterday I added Accufab tb, UPR cai, and 2.93 L

Attachments

·
Registered
661 Posts
You are too lean, I would chp it, it goes rich at the top, but too lean low and middle. See at 3000 the a/f should be about 13.0- 14.0 Not 15-16 too lean pete I use diablo in these cars.
You should consider coming to the dyno day at jds perf. this way you can get the a/f right on . poss make 20hp more.
2/15/03 see the post dyno day peace

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tks pete, I'll reconsider the chip for engine longevity as far as the dyno day goes... I'd love to make it but... 1900 miles away makes it a bitch of a commute :D

I know the area well tho.. grew up in Reading and have family all over the area... Radnor, Bryn Mawr, Conchy, Norristown .. oh btw wmmr and wysp still there? heh old memories.

Oh well, tks again for the eval.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Hell ya , they are still kicken:)
I can send you a chip for those mods, It should work good.
www.nitrous.com

·
Registered
218 Posts
Your air/fuel numbers are relatively high (lean) and somewhat erratic. Is constant PCM adjustment resulting in erratic air/fuel amplitude?

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
I'm with Pete, much too lean down low and in the midrange and more power to be had in the upper rpms. I've seen that air/fuel curve a number of times. That's what you get with a 2.93" pulley and no chip or eFPC.

MJ

1 - 8 of 8 Posts