Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Eric - my mailserver sucks so it's easier to just upload to my server. Feel free to grab any of these you want.

Click for pics

Edit: for busted link.

·
400 Posts
That would be Finicky's car (Ray) He was one of the first cars in the 11's. He is very inovative. A little strange but inovative hehehe
Only kidding Ray.lol Would have nice to have ya there Doug. You would have had a good time.

Rick

·
Registered
111 Posts
Who needs headlights.lol ..yeah some of my ideas are alittle weird but hey thats what makes my cars a little different from everyonelses lol thanks for the tuning Rick, you know i had to be a pain or it wouldnt be me lol

·
Registered
260 Posts
FINICKY said:
Who needs headlights.lol ..yeah some of my ideas are alittle weird but hey thats what makes my cars a little different from everyonelses lol thanks for the tuning Rick, you know i had to be a pain or it wouldnt be me lol
Hey Ray, how did you get the embossed "cobra" under hood red? stickers? cut out the letters? Looks great, I'd love to try whatever it is you did. Thanks.

Jayson

·
Registered
111 Posts
i painted the whole liner flat black first ,then i brushed on a few coats of grey primer on the letters ...you need to keep coating them cause the liner will keep sucking it up...then i finally masked out each letter and sprayed a few coats of red brake caliper paint on them. its not bad top do just takes some time till the paint stops soaking in....hope this helps they look great when its done

·
Registered
16 Posts
I think that was JDM's car and it was wired up with an A/F meter. Made real nice power without a chip. Around 460hp I think. They're trying to put together a package that makes good power without the use of a chip and it looks like they did just that.

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Jim D'Amore's car had 50lb injectors and stock timming 22degrees no chip and it made 485/565.
It should do quite a bit more once tunned.
He had a Prototype mass air meter 93mm and a Billit Flow Tb.
It made 18lbs boost that fell off to 14lbs on dyno.

jim v.

G

·
i think the box on the dash might be a a/f meter, it had a wire coming from underneath and into the door in another pic

G

·
Also....JDM's car has long tubes...2.80 pulley...6 lbs. lower,new larger idler pulleys and one setup like Nitrous Pete's, along with the info Jimmy V. gave too.

But it is going to get us thinking...no mods on a stock computer with those mods. Chris at Crazy Horse is on to something here.

50 lb. injectors/custom Mass Air.......pretty freakin cool

G

·
Hey Bill...wasnt it your car that had some work done on it that day? If so..did everything turn out ok? ....thank God Nitrous Pete brought that Pulley Puller!!!! Saved the day......

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hot Rod Harry said:
Hey Bill...wasnt it your car that had some work done on it that day? If so..did everything turn out ok? ....thank God Nitrous Pete brought that Pulley Puller!!!! Saved the day......
You bet!

For everyone who doesn't know the story, I got a quick couple of runs on the dyno as a baseline, then pulled my cobra in the shop for a blower nose job (3.10 pulley swap). Chris from Crazy Horse pulled the stock pulley off, no problem. Anti seize on the new pulley, onto the shaft it goes, thread the installer tool on the shaft, Chris starts wrenching it on. Looked to me like progressively more resistance until, all of a sudden, no resistance! I look at Chris's face, and see the concern...OH SH** IT BROKE AND THE THREADED PART IS IN MY BLOWER SHAFT!! Code Blue! Cobra in cardiac arrest! Luckily, I was the only one to panic, pretty soon all the major Cobra doctors ( Amazon Rick, Nitrous Pete & Co, JDM guy) were called in for consultation. Chris carefully extracted the broken installer part from the blower shaft. At that point I catch my breath, PANIC subsides. Pete volunteers his installer tool (stroke of luck - it was in his car!!) and wrenches the pulley on without event. JDM guy threads the new belt on in no time and Chris installs the new tune for the 3.10 pulley in the computer. I take it out for a quick spin. I get the big "just got a pulley on my cobra" grin on my face, which was impossible to erase. Back on the dyno, cobra picks up 23 rwhp, 50 ft. lbs. of torque. More boost, life is good! :D :D :D

Thanks to all the pro's that gave me a hand, much appreciated!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts