Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was just wondering how much free play you guys have in you clutch pedals with the firewall adjuster....seems like the less freeplay in it the better it shifts but i dont want to fry the tob. mine goes down about an inch before getting hard

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
FINICKY said:
mine goes down about an inch before getting hard
Ray, Sounds like a personel problem:D :D

j/k

I worried that I didn't have enough slack in mine. I layed under and looked, the cable is not tight when the pedal is at rest, I'd say mine goes down about the same amount before anything starts to happen.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HAHAHAHAHAHA I thought that read a little funny lol ....ok sounds like were at about the same adjustment. I guess im not the only whos pedal takes an inch to get hard:D

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Takes a while for mine to get hard also:(

jim v.

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
Hmm, thats weird. . .mines hard all the time. J/k, seriously though, my clutch has changed a lot since I got the car. It is much easier to engage, the clutch effort has gotten much easier, I am not sure why.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I also noticed that the clutch effort is now much less than new, 03 cobra with a 1200 miles. There is a method of adjusting a stock clutch cable but it is not as good as a firewall adjuster. If you gently pull the clutch pedal up and it is loose enough, you will hear a click and it will tighten the cable some. This only works if the cable is pretty loose.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I installed the Motion Dynamics clutch pedal adjuster and it got rid of the slack and brought the clutch pedal down closer to the brake. Its pretty simple to install and I have been happy w/ it so far

Darren

Attachments

·
Registered
385 Posts
Install this bad boy on your clutch pedal shaft(;) ), and you too can be hard instantly...:D

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
OK - sorry for all the questions, but what does the motion dynamics clutch adjuster do vs. the other clutch quadrant & firewall adjusters? It looks pretty simple, does it shorten pedal travel if it lowers the pedal. Any trouble shifting - I had problems shifting unless the pedal was completely depressed.

·
Registered
385 Posts
It works in conjunction w/ an aftermarket quadrent and firewall adjuster. It lowers the physical position of the clutch and shortens travel. I no longer fell like Hideo Nomo when pushing the clutch in. No problems shifting. The clutch fully engages/disengages. It was only $29 shipped and makes driving much easier b/c you dont have to lift your knee so high. Worth every penny IMO.

Darren

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
Damnit! I knew I shoud have bought one before I did my quadrant. Oh well, just another trip under the dash..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts