Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Food for though:

Any engine management system has the ability to make the same amount of power and can goes just as fast. Please remember if Mihovetz can make 1400 hp with an electromotive, anyone system can deliver the goods. It's all whos tuning, and who's most familar with the system that can get the most horsepower.

Mike Wesley can make as much power with the Autologic stuff than Jim Summers/Mike Murrillo can with Speed Pro, or Jimmy Larocca can with Epec, or Spetter can with DFI or Dutweiller can with Motech. I've witnessed the magic Mike can do with a chip, and its incredible. I've also seen Pete Campbell and Chris Johnson do really good stuff with chips.

Theres a lot of talk about processor speed, resolution etc, thats all bull. All systems have the minimum requirements to make 2000 hp.

Some systems have more bells and whistles than others, some can datalog better, some are more user friendly than others.

As long as the tuner is very familar with the system, the power can be untapped.

As far as speed density versus mass air, thats another conversation. It's all in the application of the car. Mass air has the ability to change VE tables on the fly as the air density changes. With speed density, you need to stay on top of the air quality and constantly change the VE tables to maintain your mass air.

All tuners mentioned above are very good.

I personally like Speed Pro which is why I just switched back from Electromotive. But my preference doesnt make it any better than any other type.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Well Said Davey Boy :D

Lets see some 8.30's from that Procharged Bad boy this year :jawdrop

Jeff

G

·
Perfectly said..and you didnt even rip on the 03 Cobra guy doing that. Thanks for the info...some awesome shit.
Thats how one makes statements on facts.....thanks again.

Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com

Dave King said:
Food for though:

Any engine management system has the ability to make the same amount of power and can goes just as fast. Please remember if Mihovetz can make 1400 hp with an electromotive, anyone system can deliver the goods. It's all whos tuning, and who's most familar with the system that can get the most horsepower.

Mike Wesley can make as much power with the Autologic stuff than Jim Summers/Mike Murrillo can with Speed Pro, or Jimmy Larocca can with Epec, or Spetter can with DFI or Dutweiller can with Motech. I've witnessed the magic Mike can do with a chip, and its incredible. I've also seen Pete Campbell and Chris Johnson do really good stuff with chips.

Theres a lot of talk about processor speed, resolution etc, thats all bull. All systems have the minimum requirements to make 2000 hp.

Some systems have more bells and whistles than others, some can datalog better, some are more user friendly than others.

As long as the tuner is very familar with the system, the power can be untapped.

As far as speed density versus mass air, thats another conversation. It's all in the application of the car. Mass air has the ability to change VE tables on the fly as the air density changes. With speed density, you need to stay on top of the air quality and constantly change the VE tables to maintain your mass air.

I personally like Speed Pro which is why I just switched back from Electromotive. But my preference doesnt make it any better than any other type.

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
The NMRA Racepages I got out the 03 Cobra shootout in Bowling Green last year had a really great article comparing the new EFi systems. One of the best standalone-EFi articles I've read anywhere. If I still had the rag and a scanner I'd put it up.

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
Dave,

Thanks for the input, it is really apprecaiated. And your accomplishments and contributions to the scene are second to none.

Hats off to you, sir!

And there's no arguing that the tuners that you have mentioned are the big steam of the Mustang scene. I too have seen the magic and I am a believer.

I am not going to pretend that I am an expert on this subject - not by ANY stretch of the imagination. But I thought that the big tuning sytems - FAST, DFI (not sure about EPEC) were sequential...meaning that you can independantly and individually tune EACH CYLINDER.

Job Jr. and Big Daddy Dwayne have both explained these things to me in the past and in detail. With the DFI they can find a weak cylinder or two and tune those cylinders differently than the others in order to wring out EVERY DROP of power that any given combo is capable of.

I didn't think that any chip had those capabilities.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Dave King said:
Food for though:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts