Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
2V powered
3,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have the tone rings on the rear axles anymore and thought I would just delete the abs pump. Installing the delete block was straight forward and easy to swap out. My brakes feel better now IMHO.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Do you have to get a retune to prevent the ABS light from flashing?

·
Registered
508 Posts
Phil is the guy's member name on here.

He machines ABS delete blocks and his reputation is excellent.

I plan on getting one myself this spring once the car is out from storage.

Regarding the ECM flash I'm curious to know that as well.

·
Registered
412 Posts
your abs light will probably just stay on. Thats what mine does having the spool in my car.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
You have to pull the cluster and remove the bulb from the cluster or the ABS light will stay on all the time. My ABS fuse is pulled because I have a short that I can't find on the circuit, and I don't like ABS anyways so that's what I ended up doing. Plus if you run a 28" tire out back, it will also trip the ABS light and disable the system so it's pretty much useless. I plan on picking up this block also to take a little bit of weight off the front when I get around to it

·
Registered
236 Posts
If anyone is interested in an ABS delete manifold please contact me. I just recieved a batch of 6061 aluminum stock.

·
Registered
513 Posts
i dont have the rings on my rear either what exactly does the delete do

·
Registered
236 Posts
i dont have the rings on my rear either what exactly does the delete do
It replaces the factory Bosch ABS pump. Reducing 9.8 lbs off the front and you do not replumb the brake lines, just reconnect the factory brake lines into the delete manifold. The manifold is machined out of 6061 aluminum and the ports are hand stamped with the same markings on the factory pump. The manifold weighs about 0.2 - 0.3 lbs.

http://forums.modulardepot.com/showthread.php?t=107948&highlight=abs+delete+manifold

·
Registered
513 Posts
how much il buy one

·
Registered
236 Posts
how much il buy one
99-04 delete manifolds are now $105 shipped priority mail with a tracking number. I would need to know if your factory ABS pump has 5 lines or 6 brake lines connected to it. Ford still used some 98 ABS pumps with 5 lines on 99-00 Cobra/GT Mustangs.

My PayPal account: [email protected]

I can have one machined up and in the mail within 2-3 days from date of payment.

Phil

·
Registered
513 Posts
ok ima send u the payment at the end of the week

1 - 13 of 13 Posts