Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the track the other day for the first time after the re-build of my motor. When I accelerate the car bogs down and it seems like it is not getting anywhere. Its almost like hitting the rev limiter but it isn't. It did it at around 4-5k and the upper rpms. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Still noting, so far I have cleaned the IMRCs, MAF, replaced the fuel filter, spark plugs, and ran a fuel injector cleaner through it. I know that I need a new alternator because the one that I got is weak but could that cause the problem? Or could it be a faulty fuel pump?

·
Registered
853 Posts
You said this is the first time you've run it after your rebuild; what all did you have done with the rebuild?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I had it bored 0.20 over, put in Ross forged pistons, Manley rods, and I put it together with ARP bolts and Cometic head gaskets.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Mass air! I have diagnosed and fixed this numerous times. Mass air is sending a false reading to the PCM and it won't supply any more fuel...I even had this happen on my 2000 Excursion. Use non-chlorinated brake cleaner.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Still noting, so far I have cleaned the IMRCs, MAF, replaced the fuel filter, spark plugs, and ran a fuel injector cleaner through it. I know that I need a new alternator because the one that I got is weak but could that cause the problem? Or could it be a faulty fuel pump?
Sorry, I didn't see this.

·
Registered
853 Posts
That's gotta be irritating; I wish I knew enough to help ya. My car was like yours when I had IMRC problems. The RPM range you mentioned sounded right for that. Just out of curiosity, could you feel the cable move when engine hit RPM opening speed? (I think it's 3250 rpm). Nothing changed with cams during rebuild?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts