Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received an Accufab throttle body and power inlet last week and installed it over the weekend. I was surprised that no instructions or manifold gasket was included in the kit. I emailed Accufab and I was told that I should be able to re-use the gasket. There was no mention of instructions. Even though I was careful removing my old throttle body, etc. the gasket was still slightly torn. I plan on installing a new gasket from Ford and then adjust idle, etc. with Doug's instructions for Billetflow throttle body setup that I got on another message board. The purpose of this post is that I am not a mechanic, and I appreciate good customer service and support after I have purchased a company's product. Rick at Amazon Racing has been a great help with installation of Metco lower pulley, chip, etc. that I purchased from him. This support means more to me than the cheapest price available. The Accufab throttle body is a very nice piece and I am sure that I will get it setup correctly, but if I did it again I would order the Billetflow because I know that Doug would talk me through the setup if I had problems.

·
Pushrod Dinosaur
1,006 Posts
wow check out that non-customer service!!!!!! very cool. glad I bought the billetflow..........

gary

G

·
Hey Desertracer

Ford will charge you around $9.00 for the gasket.

If you like just shoot me your address and I'll mail you our gasket (that we supply with evey order) and instructions... no charge!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is what goes into our BilletFlow Throttle Body and Plenum kits.

Before you ask, Yes it assembled;)

BTW: it comes with instructions also

Doug
BilletFlow
[email protected]

Attachments

·
Registered
251 Posts
Doug:
You may have answered this question in many other threads; but forgive me for asking again. How much does this system cost and can it be ordered direct via your website?

Thanks, in advance.

G

·
§ilver§nake said:
Doug:
You may have answered this question in many other threads; but forgive me for asking again. How much does this system cost and can it be ordered direct via your website?

Thanks, in advance.
Hi §ilver§nake

We have a meeting on Thursday with a distributor.

I'll know more then.

Right now Price is set @ $***.**+ shipping.(edited by Dougwg)

After Thursday everyone will be able to order online.

hope this helps

Doug
BilletFlow

·
Registered
251 Posts
BilletFlow said:
Hi §ilver§nake

We have a meeting on Thursday with a distributor.

I'll know more then.

Right now Price is set @ $739.00+ shipping.

After Thursday everyone will be able to order online.

hope this helps

Doug
BilletFlow
:cool: Thanks. I look forward to Thursday.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Doug, Thank you so much for your reply and your offer. I have already purchased a new gasket from Ford and will probably re-install the throttle body this weekend. I already have your instructions for throttle position sensor setup, but I will contact YOU if I have any problems. It is good to know that there are people out there that are concerned with more than just selling their product. Thank you!

·
400 Posts
As a Billet Flow dealer I can tell you Doug has an excellent product. It's complete, extreme high quility, and has excellent instructions. To me selling a product that's incomplete or has poor quility is not worth it or fair to the customer. This is why I sell Billet Flow.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
What are we expecting from the TB upgrade for stock and modified Cobra's. Also is this helping fix our boost loss problem also.

·
Premium Member
19,260 Posts
Advertisement

Hey Doug, just a little FYI

We are going to try and keep everything in this forum as technical as possible. Please keep everyone informed of your products, technical specifications, etc. But please do not post you price for parts, phone numbers, links to prices and such except in the Vendor Advertisement forum. You are also welcome to PM members that are interested in the products you sale, just don't abuse it. Everyone here hates unsolicited spam.

Advertising/Spamming seems to be problematic on most boards. I have chosen to go about it entirely different, here we welcome the ads but only in the proper forum. I hope you do not find this offensive. I just wanna keep things civil here before they get out of hand. :)

I'm not going to edit/delete/move this thread, but I just wanted to give you a reminder.

And thanks for taking part in the discussions.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Re: Advertisement

Eric Brooks said:
...But please do not post you price for parts, phone numbers, links to prices and such except in the Vendor Advertisement forum.....
Eric:
I must take responsibility for sending this thread in the direction which you describe; I apologize for that. In the future, I will direct any such questions to the respective vendor via PM or standard email.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Re: Advertisement

Eric Brooks said:
Hey Doug, just a little FYI

We are going to try and keep everything in this forum as technical as possible. Please keep everyone informed of your products, technical specifications, etc. But please do not post you price for parts, phone numbers, links to prices and such except in the Vendor Advertisement forum. You are also welcome to PM members that are interested in the products you sale, just don't abuse it. Everyone here hates unsolicited spam.

Advertising/Spamming seems to be problematic on most boards. I have chosen to go about it entirely different, here we welcome the ads but only in the proper forum. I hope you do not find this offensive. I just wanna keep things civil here before they get out of hand. :)

I'm not going to edit/delete/move this thread, but I just wanted to give you a reminder.

And thanks for taking part in the discussions.
That is an awesome way to handle this situation I am very greatful that you have that opinion and handle problems in this manner. This is definetely the best solution for the group.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts