Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe I was sleeping through this, but did anybody ever show dyno results of the Accufab T/B? Or compair those results to Billetflows? If so which was better.

Jimmy did you ever get one to test at MM?

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
I believe that Jimmy was ready to test the two. And then Accufab postponed the release of their product in order to refine the design. Don't know all the details.

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
HAMMER said:
I believe that Jimmy was ready to test the two. And then Accufab postponed the release of their product in order to refine the design. Don't know all the details.
your right Hammer,, I just got the Accufab.. The BilletFlow results were already posted 13Rwhp and 11 Ft Lbs. I am expecting about the same from the Accufab.
The Billet Flow results are posted on there site..
I'll have the Accufabs results in a few days..

jim v.

·
400 Posts
One important thing we must look at while evaluating these two throttle bodies is not just looking at peak hp. We must also look at how much of a gain we get from them through out the entire rpm range. On one I tested I got 21 hp gain over stock at 4500 rpm. But then it dropped to 12 hp at 6200 rpm. This will give us the real picture on how well it will perform on these cars.

Rick

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
I sure agree with you on that, Rick. And every part that I've ever gotten from you did just that - made power across the band.

That is an important consideration with all mods. What good is an additional 15 RWHP if it is only present at 3500 RPM's? When drag racing, I have noticed that my RPM range is usually between 4,000 and 6,500 RPM's (powershifting). Additionally, that low-end torque and power sure are fun on the street. I wouldn't want to rule that out either.

·
Banned
2,034 Posts
I used the BBK twin 65mm and ported the inlet myself, it was a lot cheaper and works just as good I'm sure.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
BilletFlow said:
your sure?....are you?...have you done a back to back test?
Send me a TB and I'll do that test for you once and for all. I can do it next Saturday if you are interested. :D

Current setup: BBK Twin-65mm TB & CNC/Hand ported inlet.
Current power level: 486rwhp/524rwtq SAE

MJ

·
Banned
2,034 Posts
But are you sure is the real question here?
I am sure of 1 thing if there is a difference it could be a hp of two in either direction.

G

·
F8LBITE said:
But are you sure is the real question here?
I am sure of 1 thing if there is a difference it could be a hp of two in either direction.
I beleave "EVILCARTMAN" switched from the BBK to the BilletFlow and he saw gains.

I have pm'ed him and asked if he would post his results here.

The other thread where he posted his results must have been DELETED over on SVTPerformance.com because I was reading the thread....refreshed it...and it was gone.... I pm'ed the moderators and they said that none of them deleted it(oh...ok, ya right....) even though it was gone:rolleyes:

I can't beleave all the S$%^ I'm getting about makeing a good looking , good performing, part......I was tought that if you have nothing nice to say....KYMS.

If you like cast things fine, in my opinion ugly stuff.... but don't get on here and make it sound like you know everything and tell people that it "works just as good I'm sure".... when if FACT you are not sure!

We have tested .... and gotten good gains everytime.....and so have others with our products.

Do you actually expect us to test every combination , and buy our competitors products to test against ours?

or GIVE away our products to prove we are right?

come on..... get real!

Doug
BilletFlow

·
Banned
2,034 Posts
Well Doug I do believe this is a public forum and everyone is intitled to their opinion and I believe your the one with the are you sure attitude first so let's think about KYMS. Yes you make a nice product and yes I like billet better but for the budget minded racer that might not know about using the BBK and getting good results such as track times not BS DYNO TIME. Let's keep an open mind instead of a big attitude. I have nothing against your product or ACCUFAB just calm down. If it is a noticable difference that's great but I don't see it and unless your making 15 to 20 more hp over it and let's keep in mind the stock inlet must be properly port matched for a fair contest. No I don't expect you to give your product away to prove it's better what would that do, but getting the competitors and testing would make sense if I were producing stuff on my own. I sell speed parts for a living and I have tested different combos to find out for my customers.

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
I would like to see a test between the BBK and the BilletFlow stuff. I thought that test like that are conducted by vendors who LOAN the parts and then get them back after the test, no?

It is perfectly understandable that a vendor, trying to make a living, can't give stuff away. But if you got a superior product, it's gotta be put head-to-head against the competition to prove it.

That's one of the things that this site is all about.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I installed the BBK 65mm first. The idle kept sticking because the part # was for a '01 model and had a weaker return spring. It only started after about 2 months of being on the car.

1711 '01 cobra
17110 '03 cobra

I dyno'ed at RSI and pulled 452 rwhp and 438 rwtq. I then got my Billetflow and installed it. I dyno'ed at RSI again and pulled 457 rwhp and 447. About 5 rwhp and 9 rwtq. But the difference is not really in the peak but throughout the whole RPM band. At first I ordered the Accufab kit but [email protected] couldn't get it in time from them. Lucky Mark talked to Doug at Billetflow and he shipped the parts fast enough to get them installed before the dyno. The Billetflow is worth money IMO, even more so if you like the blower to make more noise.:p I was wondering at first compared to the AF, but once you get the BF in your hands you will understand. Pictures don't do that part justice.

Then I had a chip burned by a HALO club member Sal from Newyork, and that brought my power to 453 rwhp and 474 rwtq. Loss top end HP due to the safer tune but gained 66 rwtq at 3,600 rpm and 46 hp. My A/F went from 15.2 to 12.6.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
HAMMER said:
I would like to see a test between the BBK and the BilletFlow stuff. I thought that test like that are conducted by vendors who LOAN the parts and then get them back after the test, no?

It is perfectly understandable that a vendor, trying to make a living, can't give stuff away. But if you got a superior product, it's gotta be put head-to-head against the competition to prove it.

That's one of the things that this site is all about.
I offered to run the test for Doug. I should be able to give him back-to-back results quickly. When I'm done with the testing, I'll ship the stuff back to him (not looking for something for nuthin').

MJ

·
Banned
2,034 Posts
Hey evilcartman did you have the inlet ported to match?

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
I think that Evilcartman has answered the question. He wouldn't skew or misrepresent results. He's been on SVTPerformance for a long time.

If you have to manually port match the BBK stuff, that's another thing that BilletFlow has over them - Doug's stuff is port matched when you buy it, am I right?

And, Doug's customized pieces are JUST TOO COOL!!! Have you seen any pictures?

·
Registered
54 Posts
F8LBITE said:
Hey evilcartman did you have the inlet ported to match?
Yes, I ported the lnlet to match the 65mm opening with a dremel. Let me tell you, that sucked. Don't do it that way. It took 4 hours and a bunch of bits. Get someone to do it, or do it the right and replace the neck. The stock neck has those two tits hanging down and is very course. I tried to polish the inside of the stock neck also. Pain in the but.

Before

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts