Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been having some issues with my Accufab. Rough idle, high idle at times (2000 rpm) but I tryed something tonite. I unplugged my IAC and the car idle perfectly. Roughness is gone, high idle is gone, everything seems to be fine. Could this be that my IAC went bad? Thanks for help!

G

·
Have you called Accufab? You should always call the manufacturer first and get their input.

What voltage is your TPS set at?

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
.99 volts. I did call accufab and all they tell me is to drive the car more. I've driven it 200 miles or so with the mode. How long should it take for the computer to learn this new mods?

·
Registered
132 Posts
sambandit said:
.99 volts. I did call accufab and all they tell me is to drive the car more. I've driven it 200 miles or so with the mode. How long should it take for the computer to learn this new mods?
maybe i'am just a little slow on catching on but can you tell me how you got your voltage on the tps sensor.as i checked my orange wire and got a consistent .33 volts no matter what i did it would not move off .33

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There are three wires going in to th TPS. With the pointy ends of the red & blake probes on the voltmeter you have to pierce through the wire insulation and into the wires. I can't remember which two you use so just try different combos. I think with the wrong two I got somewhere around 6 for the reading but with the right two it was .99 volts. George at accufab said the voltage is really overated. All thats really for is a level of idle. Moving the tps a little will just change the idle ever so slightly. He says he just does it by sound instead of volts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts