Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

Add another '03 to the family

2K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  03blkbeauty 
#1 ·
Just picked up my '03 Cobra, yesterday. I'll put up some pics as soon as possible. It's a black coupe and had only 6 miles when I left the lot! I wanted to purchase this car when I bought my SS, but couldn't afford it....... now it's in my garage! :D
If anyone is anywhere close to Ohio, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND GOING TO BEAU TOWNSEND FORD!!! I have never had such a pleasant experience at any dealership, whether it be Ford, Chevy, or Dodge. Ask for a salesman named Brian, and tell him Isaac sent ya. Another bonus is that their prices are killer on the Cobras, and they have 10 more on the lot....... that's right, I said 10 more! They also have 5-6 Lightnings, and quite a few 100th Anniversary Harley trucks.

#4 ·
Congrats on the purchase, Widow. Welcome to the Seventh Circle of Hell.

When I was shopping for my second 03, I got damn close to making the purchase from Beau Townsend Ford myself.

3% over invoice is a killer deal...even with paying for transport to NJ!

They were very straight-forward and forthcoming during my inquiries. It was close!

Anyway, welcome again!

#5 ·
~IKE~

Welcome to the BRIGHT SIDE ;)

#7 ·
Thanks, fellas! Still working on getting some pics up........
The SS was an amazing car that I certainly wouldn't call junk, or use for a beater. It's not an '03 Cobra, but the price reflects that. With what I want to do, the Cobra just suits me better. I will say that I'm very impressed with the build quality. It feels better engineered than the Camaros that I've driven over the year, and the response to light mods reminds me of my GN. I'm very happy with my choice to trade in the SS.
Gotta head back to the dealer to get my wheels replaced. There are machining marks on all of them, so they're gonna switch 'em out. Also had a loose brake fitting, but I took care of that..... anything to keep it out of service tech hands!!! ;)

#9 ·
03 Cobras @ or near invoice

I just called BEAU TOWNSEND FORD (937-898-5841) and spoke to the manager Jamie. He said they're selling in-stock 03 Cobras for a hundred bucks over invoice, no strings attached! The only problem is they have yellow, red, and silver only, all colors I despise. I really want dark shadow gray or black.

So my question to you people is does anyone know of any other dealers east of the Mississippi that are selling 03 Cobras for at or close to invoice?

Thanks in advance for any leads,

Marc

#13 ·
Got-Cobra? said:
WDW MKR,

Shoot me a PM, I am in Dayton if you ever want to head out to Kil Kare or Nation trails in Columbus some time!

Good luck with the 03, let the modding begin!

Josh
Josh, you guys need to bring your new Cobras up to Norwalk for Smackdown VII to see watch she'll do!!!

Ike - I see you're from Lima, like me. I also have a black coupe but have no seen you around.

Coming to Smackdown VII on Sept 26th!!!!!!!

Ben Dorn

#14 · (Edited)
Mr. Dorn, I've passed you once when not in my Cobra. I'm friends with Rob Guy, and have met many of the other 5.0 guys through him (Jeremy, Tony, JT, etc...) I look foward to meeting you.

Josh, it's been so long since I checked this thread that I missed your reply. My only run in the Cobra was at Kilkare (w/ it's amazing track prep :rolleyes: ). I'll be sure to shoot you a PM the next time I'm out!

#15 ·
WDW MKR said:
Mr. Dorn, I've passed you once when not in my Cobra. I'm friends with Rob Guy, and have met many of the other 5.0 guys through him (Jeremy, Tony, JT, etc...) I look foward to meeting you.

Josh, it's been so long since I checked this thread that I missed your reply. My only run in the Cobra was at Kilkare (w/ it's amazing track prep :rolleyes: ). I'll be sure to shoot you a PM the next time I'm out!
Rob told me he was bringing a couple of other cars. I assume you must be one of em...hehe....looking forward to meeting you also. See you there.

Ben

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.