Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 96 Cobra and recently put a T-trim Vortech on it. I have an adjustable fuel pressure regulator, but do not know if it works with boost nor do I think it is even working correctly. I checked my fuel pressure on the fuel rail and it maxes out my 100 psi gauge. I have an intank 255lph fuel pump. Does anyone have any suggestions for a best bang for your buck regulator for boost?
I assume my 255lph pump is enough as long as I stay under 15psi boost?
Thanks in advance for your help

· Registered
2,993 Posts
If there's a vacuum line going to the FPR, it will be boost referenced. 15psi showing, on a 96 Cobra motor.... One in tank 255lph pump..... I wouldn't chance it. First thing you need to do is get yourself a wideband.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
FPR for boost

I guess my FPR works with boost because it has a vacuum line coming out of the top and when I put a fuel pressure gauge on the fuel rail and tap the throttle the gauge goes up in pressure about 5psi. I am assuming that is what is supposed to happen. I have a 130 inline fuel pump that I just recently removed because I thought it was not neccesary, but now you have me worried and are thinking about putting it back on. As long as my Walbro 255lph pump is working I shouldn't have any issue right? What is the point of the added pump?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.