Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so today the bank one imrc fault came on that they were stuck closed I got a 5.0 stroked jlt cia 4:30 and I have no clue but all I know is that they are crower cams, soo I need your good advice as in should I fix them or just delete them? Please need to know ASAP and will I need to re tune it?

· Registered
436 Posts
bringing this one back from the dead vs starting a new thread....

I see that Eric says you need a tune to disable them. I have a 96 that I did the IMRC delete on (along with a few other things) and now the car runs so bad that it wont even drive. When you hit the gas the car wants to bog and die. I have checked everything that I can find, and the only thing left that I can think of is something to do with the IMRC's or the controller?

any insight will be a HUGE help!

Thanks

Rick

· Registered
304 Posts
Check for air leaks and all possible mechanical issues. Then have them disabled in the tune. You can make some changes in the tune as well to pick up a bit of that lost umph down low. You may also want to invest in some gears to get you in your power band quicker.

· Registered
436 Posts
Check for air leaks and all possible mechanical issues. Then have them disabled in the tune. You can make some changes in the tune as well to pick up a bit of that lost umph down low. You may also want to invest in some gears to get you in your power band quicker.
No air leaks that I can find. Already have 3.73's in the car....going to a 4.10 in the next couple weeks too. Thanks (this is not the car in my sig by the way)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.