Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hope it doesn't require an AEM Standalone, but is rather an independent piece itself.

· Registered
1,343 Posts
Wow, that is amazing.

Of course the trick will be compatibility, so the cost will be interesting to see.

They are pointing out the fact that it may save time and money compared to going to a dyno, but being able to get a few pulls on a dyno for 50-80 dollars is not too bad, assuming you only make 2-3 trips a year.

· Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

· Premium Member
18,980 Posts
It's a very cool device. I don't think it will put shops out of business. I see shops buying them. Alot of shops still do not have dynos.

On another note, dynoing a car is a much safer way of tuning, both to the driver and to the car. On the dyno I can control the conditions, and I don't have to worry about wrecking at 100+ MPH.

· Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You are correct Eric. I hope you realize I was being fascias with the title. I do think its a very cool product and would more that likely cater to racers and not the street crowd.

· Premium Member
963 Posts
It's a very cool device. I don't think it will put shops out of business. I see shops buying them. Alot of shops still do not have dynos.

On another note, dynoing a car is a much safer way of tuning, both to the driver and to the car. On the dyno I can control the conditions, and I don't have to worry about wrecking at 100+ MPH.
Or getting tickets, lol.

· Registered
6,795 Posts

Absolutely agree. 24 psi pulls in my car on the street will have your no-no hole air tight.

I still can't believe I didn't go to jail when I got pulled over for 120+ in a 55 on my datalogging course.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.