Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone read about this in the May issue of 5.0 Mustang? Could this help the '03 out at all? What are your thoughts/ideas about it?

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ttt

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
AmazonRacing said:
I'm going to try one soon. Same can be done in the chip.

Rick
This same function can be performed with much greater flexibility with the Afterburner-eFPC and you won't need the inline pump that comes with the Aeromotive kit to make it happen.

We will also be releasing our boost-sensitive eFPC in the next 3-4 weeks. Target price is going to be $350 w/o the 3-bar MAP sensor and $500 with the MAP sensor.

Best,

MJ

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
chillfactor said:
MJ if you have a chip can you still use this or are they the same thing???????( the Afterburner)
Yes, you can definitely use the Afterburner with a chip. There are three variants of Afterburner:

1. STAGE1 - allows tuning of fuel pressure in both closed-loop and open-loop operating conditions. Tables allow fuel pressure changes in 1% increments from idle to redline with maximum/minimum of +100%/-33% relative change.

2. STAGE2 - same as #1 above but can store two indepenant tunes

3. STAGE4 - boost sensitive unit which allows fuel pressure to be adjusted in 1% increments from 0 - 29.4psi of manifold pressure (boost). Same max/min limits of +100%/-33%.

Best,

MJ

·
Registered
404 Posts
I don't know why I can't get the concept of this. There must be something I am missing or can't figure out. I am sure it will make the car go faster, but just how does it do that. I don't want to get you in trouble with the AD section, but I hope they can let you explaine how this and your new device will help us. Do you have anyone testing it on their Cobra now??? if so what are thier feelings. This to me is Tech info, so lets hear please.......Remember this me just trying to get me straight, so i can understand.:D :D

·
Registered
661 Posts
I am working on getting the fast system for the 03 cobras, DFI jumper harness , this is the way to go , total control. I will keep you all posted, nitro

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
chillfactor said:
I don't know why I can't get the concept of this. There must be something I am missing or can't figure out. I am sure it will make the car go faster, but just how does it do that. I don't want to get you in trouble with the AD section, but I hope they can let you explaine how this and your new device will help us. Do you have anyone testing it on their Cobra now??? if so what are thier feelings. This to me is Tech info, so lets hear please.......Remember this me just trying to get me straight, so i can understand.:D :D
Hey Chill,

It's pretty simple, you want to make more horsepower you need more: 1) air 2) fuel. Crank up the boost and you get more air flow (to a point) now you need to supply more fuel. The problem is how do you deliver the fuel. At rated pressure, the stock injectors are only good for: 39lb/hr * 8 = 312lb/hr / 0.55lb/hr/hp ~ 567bhp = 482rwhp (assuming 15% driveline loss) running static (100% duty-cycle).

Now, if you bump rail pressure to 60psi (differential), the injectors will flow: 39lb/hr * 8 * [60/40]^.5 = 382lb/hr / 0.55lb/hr/hp ~ 694bhp = 590rwhp at 100% duty-cycle or 531rwhp with a 10% safety margin. You will start to hit the limit of the stock fuel pump at high pressure and high flow demands but that's another story.

The Afterburner-eFPC will not only allow you to bump fuel pressure by a fixed amount, it will allow you to develop a precise fuel pressure curve with 1% & 400rpm resolution. We have a bunch of '03 Cobras running the STAGE1 eFPC units in order to perform the fuel compensation required when increasing the boost.

For more information, you can email me at: [email protected] or you can check out our website.

Best,

MJ

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
chillfactor said:
When I return from New York I will get touch with you........Got the idea, now who does the programing??????:confused:
That would be YOU :) (or your tuning shop)!

MJ

·
Registered
23 Posts
Nitrous Pete, What about adapting a EPEC system for the 03?

·
Registered
661 Posts
That may also be a good thing, Look into it . nitro

1 - 13 of 13 Posts