Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No limit is now offering solid adjustable lifters. They require no cylinder head modifications. Dyno proven, gains up to 35hp on stock engines,through superior valvetrain control. the cost is only
18.00 each. Other companies are already offering a similar package for 3500.00. Although their package comes with rockers and ours does not. However the rocker is not the problem, the lifter is. Theese units are available for immediate shipping.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Very nice. How often is adjustment needed on these lifters?

·
Registered
49 Posts
No Limit Racing,

Is it possible to link or post a before/after dyno chart?

Thanks

·
Registered
61 Posts
Is that 35 hp gain based on your testing? If so, I wouldn’t mind seeing the charts. Also, I am not real familiar with the OHC valve train, but on a typical push rod motor with solid lifters, i thought you needed to adjust the valve lash due to wear of valve train components. I would think these would be no different? What am I missing?

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
BlueVenom said:
Is that 35 hp gain based on your testing? If so, I wouldn't mind seeing the charts. Also, I am not real familiar with the OHC valve train, but on a typical push rod motor with solid lifters, i thought you needed to adjust the valve lash due to wear of valve train components. I would think these would be no different? What am I missing?
The gains are from the lifters being solid and not bleeding off at high RPM,s not the adjustability. The adjustability portion of the lifter is a neccesary evil if the lifter is solid.

but to answer your question about pushrod engines. No you do not adjust the valve train because of wear. You have to adjust a solid lifter valve train because the lifter is not forgiving like a hydraulic. therefore some lash or looseness is left in the valvetrain. Re adjustment is done if necesary due to the rocker assy backing off.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Man you should be a politician, they way you answer questions.

:D

·
Registered
94 Posts
sooo, 18$/a piece, X 4 valves/cyl. X 8 cyl./engine.......

so roughly $576 for the lifters? +shipping/handling??

sounds like a sweet deal....maybe if i can come up with the funds.

·
Registered
49 Posts
No Limit Racing said:
Are there Oil passages in the lifter so there will be oiling to the rocker?

How Does the threads last against the beating? How does the lock washer hold up or does it losen after a while? How much testing have you subjected them to?

Rob

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
RHracing said:
Are there Oil passages in the lifter so there will be oiling to the rocker?

How Does the threads last against the beating? How does the lock washer hold up or does it losen after a while? How much testing have you subjected them to?

Rob
Yes the lifter still oils the rocker through the center hole.
The lifters were tested on two 4-valve engines. Both were tested on a Superflow 901 on the stepper program from 2500 to 3500 for five straight days. The lifters were continually checked for lash change and none was detected.

·
Registered
105 Posts
So, I wonder who can prove that lifter bleed is occuring on these motors when the heads are equipped with stock springs/stock spring pressure. If someone tries these out on a motor with stock springs, and results are seen, I may be interested.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
32VHEMIJR said:
So, I wonder who can prove that lifter bleed is occuring on these motors when the heads are equipped with stock springs/stock spring pressure. If someone tries these out on a motor with stock springs, and results are seen, I may be interested.
It is easy to detect on a dyno. A lifter collapsing or bleeding down
causes a decrease in effective cam lift which in turn effects airflow and velocity through the heads.. these pieces are not for everybody. just people serious about making every last ounce of power. And not to mention it is power that can be made without sacrificing longevity of the engine like more boost.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Do you have any idea at this point what sort of service interval there will be?

Will shims be needed to install?

What effects (if any) will this have on OEM rocker arms showing hairline cracks at sustained high RPM.

I really like the price and I like solid with high boost, but I will not be able to “just pull the valve covers off”.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ayrton said:
Do you have any idea at this point what sort of service interval there will be?

Will shims be needed to install?

What effects (if any) will this have on OEM rocker arms showing hairline cracks at sustained high RPM.

I really like the price and I like solid with high boost, but I will not be able to "just pull the valve covers off".
So far all of the tests have shown that the self locking nut is doing its job. The OEM rockers have not been a problem and I dont think they will be. Some nicer looking units would be nice but for 3500 I will stick with the stamped stock ones.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts