1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
980 Posts
These are proven to do almost nothing for you unless you are a hardcore road racer. I'd save your money or spend it else where.

·
Registered
5,237 Posts
For an eaton car I agree with G03SVT about just keeping the stock rad.

I am starting to see now with my 3.4L whipple that I need a bigger rad and some cooling upgrades. Driving down the highway as I go a bit faster my temps increase, I have to slow down to decrease them and even then they sit at 205-210 in the summer which is much hotter then I would like and Canada isn't warm by a lot of your standards(AZ, New Mexico, Texas, Florida)

Just know and do some research as a rad alone won't drop your temps significantly.

·
Registered
764 Posts
I upgraded to a 03-04 cobra radiator. :rofl:

Just stick with what you have.

·
Registered
5,237 Posts
I am thinking about doing what Jameshell did and remove all the restrictions in the system first and run a stock rad(I think James is using a stock rad)

It will run a bit more expensive then an upgraded rad, but maybe it will be enough to drop my temps?

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
Steeda/C+R. It was only $100 used, so I figured why not..

·
Registered
107 Posts
LFP Radiator has been one for about 4 months and haven't had a problem.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
LFP.
Got it way back in 05 when it was on special for $279.00
Hasn't leaked or blown up yet so I guess it's OK.
The only thing I have noticed about it is it doesn't hold a shine. I have to keep re-polishing it.
I think next time I will Zoop Seal it after I polish it.

·
New LIVER mod ROCKS!
1,200 Posts
These are proven to do almost nothing for you unless you are a hardcore road racer. I'd save your money or spend it else where.
A thicker rad core REQUIRES more air pressure differential in order to provide any increase in heat rejection. A thicker rad with the same amount of air supplied to it will actually flow less air though it.

If you run a road race style heavily vented hood then even a stock radiator will cool much better.
A stock hood and a big radiator just takes longer to over heat.
My LFP leaked after 4years, if this epoxy doesn't seal it I going to get a Fluidyne.
(Open track/ road racer type right here)

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have an LFP in my coupe
and a eBay one($160) in my 04 Cobra
they look similar and both work the same

·
Registered
222 Posts
My FLUIDYNE failed at the welds...I would not recommend that garbage to anyone. Good luck.

·
4.6 ways to waste money
1,940 Posts
LFP here. Bought them way back when and no problems to date with the Rad or H/E. It can't hurt right?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts