Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking for info on

the one that was on the Mystichrome Cobra w/ TT 5.4? was a cowl?

and does anyone make a Carbon fiber 03/04 Look alike?

if you have either one post pics!!

·
GearBanger Extraordinaire
1,006 Posts
i just bought the ViS carbon fiber 4" cowl hood thats going to get painted the same color as my car but i dont have any pictures yet. It weighs 20 lbs

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i just bought the ViS carbon fiber 4" cowl hood thats going to get painted the same color as my car but i dont have any pictures yet. It weighs 20 lbs
will it use the factory hood hinges and latch? does it need to have pins due to "floppyness" at high speeds?

anyone know what the stock hood weighs?

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Fenders next?

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fenders next?
no weight savings there...our stockers are thin and light. maybe a pound or 2 I owuld think.

if the hood is 10-20lbs its worth it imo

·
Moving on up...
4,776 Posts
I took mine off and it was pretty darn heavy. I think at least close to 50 lbs. With two guys lifting it, it's better, but you know it's heavy. I put on a fiberglass hood, it weighs around 20-25 pounds. I'll weigh it when i get home from the sandbox.

·
Demented and old
5,322 Posts
i thought it was an ho fibertrends 4 inch cowl hood-im going with their 2 1/2 cowl hood

·
Registered
889 Posts
Alot Of Carbon Fiber Hoods On Ebay, Cowls And Stock Ones. Harwood Makes A Good Hood Too. All Of Them Are Bolt On, I Have A 2.5 Inch Cowl Myself. Lovvvvvvvve It.

·
1,006 Posts
will it use the factory hood hinges and latch? does it need to have pins due to "floppyness" at high speeds?

anyone know what the stock hood weighs?
it comes as a complete bolt on, but no hood pins. I would recommend getting them tho.

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I took mine off and it was pretty darn heavy. I think at least close to 50 lbs. With two guys lifting it, it's better, but you know it's heavy. I put on a fiberglass hood, it weighs around 20-25 pounds. I'll weigh it when i get home from the sandbox.
that would be great...yea...even an aftermarket glas sone should be lighter...and I might fdo the 4" cowl

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
it comes as a complete bolt on, but no hood pins. I would recommend getting them tho.
yea..see I dont want that look...not a fan of pins and if its going to wobble and fall of at 140...i gotta stay awau

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Alot Of Carbon Fiber Hoods On Ebay, Cowls And Stock Ones. Harwood Makes A Good Hood Too. All Of Them Are Bolt On, I Have A 2.5 Inch Cowl Myself. Lovvvvvvvve It.
an ypics? sturdy?

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i thought it was an ho fibertrends 4 inch cowl hood-im going with their 2 1/2 cowl hood
yeap..looks like thats it! look slike a good sturdy hood

·
1,006 Posts
yea..see I dont want that look...not a fan of pins and if its going to wobble and fall of at 140...i gotta stay awau
me either, i really dont see y it would need pins because it's supposed to utilize factory latch and bolts but i havent driven with it on yet so i really dont know from experience.

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yes its a HO fibertrends hood i believe he goes by vetkilr and was the deciding factor on me getting my hood same as his 4 inch cowl.

looks great!
how about a pic from inside the car??

·
doing it with a 2v..
2,589 Posts
a light hood is gonna need hoodpins if you dont want it to flop...

THe hood on my car i bought local off one of the local import forums... its the lightest hood i have picked up.. And i have had the harwood hoods.. NOt sure on the brand but its thin, it flaps on the corners when i go fast, but it is LIGHT.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts