Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is my best bet for an aftermarket intake on a 2V. I think right now the Bullit intake is the best, from what I have heard. Any suggestions?

Brandon

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
As far as I know, the Bullit is the only one available. I could be wrong though.

Chad

·
Registered
16 Posts
There is one other intake in the works. The proto type should be at my shop for some dyno testing next week. The test motor is a 2000 GT with a TBP motor s trim 13 lbs of boost. Has made 489 and 536 torque. through an automatic trans. At the track it has ran 6.94 @ 98 mph in the 1/8 first time at the track . The intake is a short runner type.
Should make a big hp difference.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That sure does sound like one sweet 2V. Nice numbers. Let me know more about that intake as time progresses. Thanks.

Brandon

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Turbo54,

When will the intake be available?Thats something my car could use.I'm trying to squeeze every little bit I can out of this thing.

Tim

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Tim, what have you done to your intake? Is it Extrude honed or something??

Chad

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Chad,
Its port matched to the heads.The lower is polished but the upper plenum is untouched.If I keep this intake,I'll have it extrude honed over the winter.I have the Bullit intake now.

I like the sound of this new intake.I hope I can get my hands on one.

Tim

·
Registered
205 Posts
I grilled the Holley rep at the NHRA race at Dallas about an intake for our cars. He claimed that it's a possibility since they've had a ton of requests for one, but I'll believe it when I actually open the box.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Now that True Blue actually has one in thier hands,hopefully it wont be long till we see it.

Im just glad to see someone stepping up with a intake option.Its been a long time coming.

Tim

·
Registered
8 Posts
Can someone please let me know which company is going to be releasing this intake and when? Also are they just making it for the PI heads or are they making one for the 96-98 & SVO heads also?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Any guesstimate on what the price might be. Will it be worth waiting or should I just shell out the $1600 for the bullet intake?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I contacted the guys at eldebrock and they said they can't make a intake for it because of the wall thickness of the runners. I brought up the bullit intake and they didn't want to talk about it???

·
Registered
29 Posts
mild98 said:
I contacted the guys at eldebrock and they said they can't make a intake for it because of the wall thickness of the runners. I brought up the bullit intake and they didn't want to talk about it???
gosh, that is such bullshit! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Being that there are so many aftermarket induction and heads companies, why the fugg can't we get a straightforward intake at the least. I'm not even talking about heads, even though that would be nice to have a set of aftermarket heads.

Sorry for the rant.

·
Registered
2 Posts
That is exactly what I was wanting to know. I brought up that ford has already made intakes( SVO, Bullit) so it can be done. All they said is that they can't do it. Imagine the money that one of these companys could make if they made a good intake for 700.00.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Right!?!? Even if an intake was sold for $1000, and was a complete kit, including the TB, and whatever else brakets and harnesses, they would sell the sh*t out of them.

·
Registered
16 Posts
We worked the fuel system out today aeromotive pump and our rails and retuned the motor 527 And 537 torque. We are out of fuel .now at 6400 rpm. Now it is time for bigger injectors. The new intake will be tested when the fuel system is sorted out sorry for the delay. There are now 2 different intakes that will be out soon. One made on the east coast one on the west coast . From what i can tell the cost should be close to the bullitt intake but much tricker. later Randy

1 - 20 of 31 Posts