Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I rarely use the air,but the other day I tried it and didn't work.I checked the fuses.Checked the system pressure.Added 1 can of 134.It appeared ok.But it was still blowing warm air.I really hate to remove a few mods to take it back to the dealer.Any ideas of the problem would be appreciated ?.I dont need the cobra to be hot it 2 ways.thanks STEVE THOMAS:

·
Night Trains Daddy
1,569 Posts
not blowing or not getting cold?

Could be a vacuum leak

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its just blowing warm air

·
Registered
244 Posts
I have the same exact problem. I also do not want to go to the dealership to have them look because of all the wrok i have done to my car. I will have to bring it to a loacl place and see if they can find anything wrong.

matt

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
If a can of 134 fixed it, you probably have a leak somewhere. Most factory a/c systems have a low pressure switch that will keep the compressor off if there is not sufficient refrigerant pressure.

If you are sure you don't have a leak, I would check the fuses.

JT

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Not trying to suggest the obvious, but. Did you check the compressor clutch to make sure that it is engaging. I just had the same problem on my other Ford ( explorer). The compressor was not turning because the push on connector to the electric clutch had fallen off. Pushed it back and had instant cold air.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The compressor clutch will kick on for a very short period of time.thanks for the suggestions. still trying

1 - 7 of 7 Posts