Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

Air Intake??

3K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  03Cobran00b 
#1 ·
Right now i have the UPR CAI and want to get rid of it for a true cold air that eliminate the stock rubber tubing (inlet). and get rid of the bend that is in front of the maf that might give a bad signal. I think the UPR is a good unit but looking for the best intake in the market.

I heard from the members here that the JLT high boost kit has a lot of bends which doesn't help. <---- is that true?

Would i be better off going with the Stage 3 Motorsports carbon fiber cold air?

I'm not a fan of the carbofiber, but i might get used to it after a while.

i really like the look of the painted high boost CAI with the flames. :hmm:I think a Sonic Blue pipe with Competition Orange and Torch Red flames would look very,very sick:drool::worthy:

Can i buy a high boost pianted kit with out the filter and stick a big oval shaped filter onto the pipe.

in any case, i need to sell some stuff to pick one up.

Thanks.

See less See more
#6 ·
If you aren't experienceing drivability issues with the current bend why not get a C&L inlet tube to get rid of the stock plastic? No it doesn't heat up the intake air, the air charge is travelling too fast to be affected.

Thanks for the suggestion Tractionless. I thought of it before but didn't seriously consider it. did you nitice any performance gain running that air inlet or felt any difference when you drive it? any change in the sound? <---- yeah mostly looking for the sound:dunno2:.

Checking it price right now...

#8 ·
While UPR may not be everyone's favorite company, you're probably not going to see much of a performance gain with a different intake, literally less than +/-2hp. If it were me, I wouldn't even think about spending the money. If you're going to spend ANY money at this point, get a tuner!!

Invest it a custom tune, RWTD does great work, and they're VERY reasonable. That way you'll be able to get an actual performance gain, improve driveability, and give yourself some peace of mind knowing that the car is running within spec (data logging)

#9 ·
I agree with you on what you said Ben, A tuner is my NUMBER 1 PRIORITY. and would like to give the 2003 - 2004 Cobra Pioneers (RWTD) a shot when I'm looking to buy a handheld tuner:bigwink:

The money for the tuner went elsewhere (not on the car)... something personally important to me.

You got a point there when you said "Within specs". I didn't add any performance mods to the car so i said to myself i don't need it.. and sometimes i just get this idea about keeping the car the way it's (stock) and just spend the extra money on stuff that make the car more enjoyable (for example: shifter, Clutch adjusting kit, appearance mods...etc......).

The drivability is great but i noticed few times the idle is surging (trying to maintain idle) and that is not like the car is running cams without a tune i just see the RPM needle move back and forth a little bit.... nothing to talk about. <---- that is the only complain i got about drivability.

I'm not in a hurry for getting a new CAI, just want the best intake i can buy for my car... reason why? like any enthusiast car modders, I want to have the best efficient air filter that is not located in that oven like place that some shorter ram air intake place the filter in. There isn't any air for the engine to suck and not to mention all the surroundings are heat soaked thanks to the engine and blower:dunno2:<------ P.S. that was not directed to you Ben, just saying.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.