Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if anyone has any confirmed dyno results on how much power yanking the air silencer and putting in a k&n is worth. otherwise totally stock. Thanks

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually I have a subsciption to mm&ff :shootbird however I don't really believe everything they print and was looking for real world gains from real people, also I just picked up my cobra last week so I am not really up to speed on the whole thing. Also I was wondering if anyone had checked a gain on removing the maf screen. Anyone who has helpful info please respond.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
mustang500hp said:
Actually I have a subsciption to mm&ff :shootbird however I don't really believe everything they print and was looking for real world gains from real people, also I just picked up my cobra last week so I am not really up to speed on the whole thing. Also I was wondering if anyone had checked a gain on removing the maf screen. Anyone who has helpful info please respond.
I hope your Fu "smilie" was posted in fun...
Jamie writes for 5.0 magazine and personally did the CAI testing with a bunch of fellow '03 owners.

I will say he had some interesting results...

I forget the HP gain of the K&N over the paper element, but on the day Jaime tested, removing the silencer... blasephemy here.... lost HP!!!!

My car dyno'd 383 with a drop in K&N and the silencer cut off even with the inner fender border. It also lost .3 and 3 mph trap speed switching from that configuration to an 9 inch open cone ( which in a different issue of 5.0 magazine, Paul from Paul's High Performance said was worth 30 hp....)

JT

·
Registered
19 Posts
mustang500hp said:
I was just wondering if anyone has any confirmed dyno results on how much power yanking the air silencer and putting in a k&n is worth. otherwise totally stock. Thanks
I just had my car at the dyno. I don't have my print outs in front of me but I can tell you I gain 7hp by just pulling the silencer out with the stock paperfilter in place. I wanted to get a baseline before doing any mods so I ran 2 pulls with the car completely stock, one with the silencer in place and one without it.

If you have ever looked at the a/f of a stock cobra after 3500rpm the car goes pig rich. Pulling the silencer actually helped to lean the car out a little(not much) but enough to produce 7hp to the wheels and by looking at the graph it was across the board. I'm sure a K/N will help even more to lean the car out which will produce even better numbers.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I have personally seen 12 RWHP from just a K&N swap, no snorkel removal, on an '03.

·
Registered
613 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
I just installed my K&N aircharger tonight. The install was very easy. No problems. Made sure to unplug the neg. battery terminal when starting.

After I finished, I plugged up the battery, started the car up and let it idle. I took it on a 2 or 3 mile gentle ride. Then I floored it. Now the boost gauge goes all the way to 10lbs instead of the approximate 8lbs I was seeing before.

Butt-o-meter reads :banggears

-Jason

·
Registered
613 Posts
Pic before install:

Pics after my install:

-Jason

·
Registered
31 Posts
did it came out with 390 rear wheels about 459 at engine