Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well here we go.I have been working on and off on my 88 4.6 swap for a few years.I have built a turbo set up to work with my 88 body,03 engine and AJE swap K member.I have installed the K member,made changes to the oil pan so it will not hit the rack,open up the mounting holes in the K member so the wheels are centered in the wheel wells and no this........
I installed the 04 swaybar on the weekend.The bar is set 3/4 " towards the drivers side.

The car has under 60,000 miles and factory paint,no collision damage.
So after all this work and trouble I called AJE today.Because the K member is 6 years old (but never driven) he will not help me.I told me it was an old design and they had some small issues.
So now all the work I have done is for a AKE swap K member.I hate to buy another with this type of customer service.
Any ideas what to do now????

·
Registered
100 Posts
Several people on here have had the same concern with the sway bar. They have talked about doing everything from taking the bar to have it bent on each end to having custome ones made. Take a look at the past posts and you will find what you are looking for.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
The concern with the sn95 swaybar is it being too wide,not with the issue I have of it being offset to one side.I can deal with the extra width,not the issue of a car running sideways down the road.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
I somehow got ahold of an old design here a little over a year ago, mine smashed against my flaming river rack, I called them up and they swapped me to the new one without question. The difference between the original one I had an now the new design is no comparison, the new one is a much better design and better quality. I do notice it sat my motor up a tad higher than the original one though which I didnt like. I would hound them in getting you a new one!

·
Registered
794 Posts
Not sure how tough you are on the phone, but you may have to lay a little more pressure on them.
Get who's ever in charge on the phone, and let them know that if they don't fix it, you will be making posts on multiple forums letting everyone know that their customer service is bad, and they don't stand behind their product.
This post in itself is bad publicity for them.
You deserve a new one, regardless of when you bought it.

Honsetly, i haven't seen much good come out of AJE, and i'm worried about my k member that hasn't been installed yet.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not sure how tough you are on the phone, but you may have to lay a little more pressure on them.
Get who's ever in charge on the phone, and let them know that if they don't fix it, you will be making posts on multiple forums letting everyone know that their customer service is bad, and they don't stand behind their product.
This post in itself is bad publicity for them.
You deserve a new one, regardless of when you bought it.

Honsetly, i haven't seen much good come out of AJE, and i'm worried about my k member that hasn't been installed yet.
I spoke with the owner....You can tell he does not care.....................

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I somehow got ahold of an old design here a little over a year ago, mine smashed against my flaming river rack, I called them up and they swapped me to the new one without question. The difference between the original one I had an now the new design is no comparison, the new one is a much better design and better quality. I do notice it sat my motor up a tad higher than the original one though which I didnt like. I would hound them in getting you a new one!
How far are you from them?Can I send you the K member and money for a road trip???LOL

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
They are a little over 3 hours from me. It just happened to work out well in that I was in their neck of the woods with my wife on a shopping trip at the time of my issues and they took good care of me!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts