Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At what point did you say to yourself, "I am willing to put my $13,000 motor and $3,000 transmission on the line by modifying my car"? I am stock right now and it has come to the point that I want more power... i read daily about modifications that people make and the hp and tq numbers they are putting out and want to get more power from my car. There are people running 17psi on the eaton when its redline is about 12.5psi (correct?)...everyone running more than 12.5 is over reving the S/C and that seems like that will eventually cause a problem. I want to do intake and exhaust and i dont think that Ford will VOID my warrenty if anything should go wrong, but i know if i go with pulley and chip and they see it and something goes wrong then im screwed and need to find a way to get 13k to fix my engine or something...

I dont know... mabye i am just over reacting...

someone ease my mind so that i will begin to modify my car...

G

·
Well....I am not worried...but I dont drive my car everyday either.

The eaton can go to some pretty hefty levels...yes its working and losing alot of horsepower when you get in the high boost levels...but it can push 22 lbs of boost with only 1 or 2 pounds of boost drop with the right setup. I have seen it.....and well over 500 hp. So if you want to mod slowly and keep adding on in time to the eaton and that awesome motor....just do it and enjoy it. She will be just fine. You can always check out my mods on my webpage and use that as a guide. There are alot of great running 03 Cobra's here with the stock Eaton still on and having no problems.

Remember...BilletFlow Idler Pulley System(www.BilletFlow.com)
....Bump Valve Mod by Nitrous Pete(www.Nitrous.com)
Those 2 mods are a must to keep the boost up....
Well, atleast thats my theory for now :)
Also...just ask Pete or anyone here that is into these cars bigtime.

Hot Rod(but that KenneBell sure is tempting)Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com

·
Registered
521 Posts
It's been said before, here and other places, that the Lightning guys and gals have been upping the boost on Eatons for years with little or no issues. Don't see the Cobra Eaton being any different.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
If your concerned about voiding your warrantee I wouldn't even fart in your Cobra. In the past Ford has voided warrantees for simply adding a K&N panel filter. Of course this all depends on the service department you go to.............and who you know ;)

--Joe

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys.... i think im going to start out slow and work my way from there... until i get spanked by anything by a large margin i should be able to keep control of modifications...

on the other hand, knowing that there are several of you on this board and around my way that have already switched to the KB then i might be shooting for the 20psi mark...

we wil have to see and thanks for your insite...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts