Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
I am the Stig
2,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here they are:

14psi and 454 whp SAE isn't bad I don't think. This was the 14* degree tune.

Got a couple of issues though.

I'm out of injectors. 42's and they are toast.
It will hit 17psi at 6000 RPM. But the rev limit is at 5700 and I shift the car at 5500 to keep it safe.
The compression on this motor is 10.3:1. Which totally blows WAY too high for any pump gas fun. The pump gas timing tune is around 8 or 10* of timing. I do have a race gas tune with 14*

A wideband will be going on the car in the next week or so. The car does feel slower then the old tune. But the old tune had lots of timing. But the power under the curve with the D1 is pretty good.

·
Registered
230 Posts
nice numbers mine is around 405 hp with a p1sc 2 and 9 psi on a bone stock engine with bolt ons my tune is safe as hell too...i need a good shortblock...

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Your 42's shouldn't be done quite yet. 42's should carry you to 500-510rwhp. My last setup in my 91, had 42's running 508rwhp, and at last years tune in my 99, I still had more left on the plate with my 42's at 465rwhp. How's you fuel delivery other than the injectors Josh? Your high final dyno number would not be as high if it didn't start going lean. I'm thinking you might have made more on the lines of 430-440rwhp with a steady safe A/F ratio to 6k.

Looks to me, that you have a sudden drop in fuel pressure. Pump may not be keeping up. Was the FP being watched through data logging on the dyno?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Good numbersd. Just curious why you went with such high compression on a blower car? Why not lower? :dunno2:

·
I am the Stig
2,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I shouldn't have a fuel delivery problem. Twin GT pumps, Modded FPDM, Fore Hat, Cobra tank, -8 to the rails.

I honestly didn't figure the compression ratio until after I bought the motor. I didn't expect it to be this high. With then 4v heads, compression would be around 8.5:1. I did get the supercharged version on the motor.

ALUMINATOR 4.6L 2v/4v FORGED
SUPERCHARGER SHORT BLOCK​
M-6009-A46SCB*​
4.6L (281 cubic inch)
Forged pistons with 13.5cc dish
Forged steel crankshaft
H-beam connecting rods
Uses M-6010-A46NA aluminum block
Approximately 8.5:1 compression ratio
with 50cc heads
Fits 1996-2004 Mustang GT,
1996-2001 Cobra and 2003-04 Mach 1
Built with all​
NEW PARTS

Modifications may be necessary in
some applications
Low compression for supercharged applications​
Requires 8-bolt flywheel

So I am thinking I might just switch to 4v heads and then go from there. I think I would get my 500whp that I want.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
If all you want if 500rwhp then why go through the effort of a 4V swap. A mild port job and stock cam on your heads will get you there easliy.

Your running out of fuel because your combination isn't making power effecently.

·
I am the Stig
2,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
basicly adam, what you are saying is that I'm tryin to shove too much boost into such a small area and the comp is trying to shove as much fuel as it can.

I only want to go the 4v route bacuase the compression is too high for anything with pump gas. I only get 92 out here. I do have 110 easily, but damn every day on that stuff. I am going to have to put headstuds in the car anyways. So the motor has to come out again letter. So I guess then I will decide what heads I want to put back on the motor.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
I think your compression is fine.

If you put a ported head on the car the chamber will be a bit bigger. Then you can put a .050 gasket on as well. That will get it down probably a tad under 10 or right around there.

But I don't see a problem with your compression just your heads and cams. I think if you stick a ported head on there you'll be fine.

You only want 500rwhp Josh. That's been well proven with a 2V with little effort.

I know for a fact you can make 580rwhp on pump gas with a D-1SC and a 2V. Because I did it. I'm willing to bet you can make more. My exhaust sucked.

My motor has 10:1 or so compression and I never had a issue unless I did dumb things with the timing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts