Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an 03 cobra and the motor just been blown.. so i was doing research on a new motor and i came across the aluminator for a decent price is the aluminator longblock worth it or is there something else i should get and if anyone has heard good or bad new about this please share before i spend the money i should get and keep in note its an everday drivin car dont wont to put an insane and really expensive motor in it... i was running a kenne bell 2.2 with 19lbs and ect with the stock motor and ect...

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Yeah, it's a good motor, only issue I have heard of is the timing cover may have some tolerances that vary causing the crank pulley to rub. To solve this just use the stock timing cover from your stock motor. Then I woud do a tear down of your stocker and you could most likely sell the rods and crank for $800-$1000 and the block for $300, and re-coupe some money.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanx thats what i have also heard to but i called ford and they said they fixed the problem but did they replace the ones they already put togther is the question and he didnt know about that but i could just change that and and hopfully there wont be aproblem thanx again and if anyone has any other suggestions but feel free to write cause i need alot of opions on this thanx

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Yeah, you could just put the crank pulley on with the oil pan off and use a log flat blade screw driver to move the crank back and forth and use a feeler guage to see if there is enough crank pulley to timing cover clearance.

It would not sway me from buying one. Also, if it was me I would also tear it down and hone the bores so that I had a little more than the stock 0.001 piston to wall clearance.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
If your stock motor is able to be rebuilt then I would just keep it. Install all the good stuff in the short block and not worry about any fitment issue's. These blocks are a stout piece.:tip:If this were an all out race motor then I would suggest a different route.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Or just buy a Teksid and use all your internal parts.

·
svtoa-nashville
1,245 Posts
Yeah, it's a good motor, only issue I have heard of is the timing cover may have some tolerances that vary causing the crank pulley to rub. To solve this just use the stock timing cover from your stock motor. Then I woud do a tear down of your stocker and you could most likely sell the rods and crank for $800-$1000 and the block for $300, and re-coupe some money.
thanks im glad to see your thoughts on this cause i was fixing to post a simular thread on here

just curious who sells Teksid blocks?
you just have to find them they are floating around

1 - 9 of 9 Posts