Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried finding it on a search, but what is the trick or proper backspacing to getting a set of alumna stars that fit an 03-04 Mach 1 to fit our cars. The fronts fit perfect but my 15 in rears hit the calipers, so i ground them and still have to run a 1/2 spacer. Now it looks like I riding in a late 70's camaro with the wheels sticking out.

Thanks for the help

Attachments

·
05 BOSS 302
3,947 Posts
Unfortunately, other than buying VERY expensive and non-street legal Bogarts, nobody currently makes a 15" drag wheel that fits the rear without sticking out past the wheel well by using spacers. The old Weld XP's fit in a 15x9 5.5BS configuration but they do stick out past the wheel well as well.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Has anybody used or tried aftermarket rear brakes to help the situation??

·
05 BOSS 302
3,947 Posts
I have looked into it but haven't taken the plunge. There is a larger market for big brake kits for our cars, but it seems a pretty limited selection of street friendly drag brakes. Aerospace makes a set.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
you can switch to a willwoood drag brake and the rim will need to be custom built. Im sure there are other combo's.. Adam at ST motorsports has the willwood, custom alumastars on his 05 and they fit a 29 inch drag radial pretty good in the fenders. I dont remember, the rims may have come from sutton, looked like a 15x6 rim that was widen to 10 inches.... I think weld now has a 15x10 alumastar with a 7 inch backspace..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts