Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if you still have your IRS and dont have the hop kit from amazon you need to get your head checked. i can drive my car now!! its like night and day. i left about 20 ft of rubber at a toll booth after putting it on today, then slammed 2nd, and 3rd, and 4th. before i would havent made it out of the toll area, the thing hopped like a jack rabbit before and now its strong and smooth. you need to get a set if your keeping the irs, this is as good as it gets

edit, i didnt even do the bushings.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i had a 99 and did the R setup with H&R race springs. it was nothing compaired to this. its like a miracle elixer. you should be dialing rick right now

·
Registered
189 Posts
Hey Mat, What setting do you use on the shocks, assuming that they are adjustable? I have crazzy wheel hop, with no mods yet. I tried the bushings and they only helped a little.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
there was a note in the box saying they were on the best setting for hop. so i let them the way they were. the hop is so frustrating it made me not like beating on my car, thats why i bought it though...i need to get my chip reburnt for the exaust first though before i blow it up.

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
wheel hop kit

i'm glad you guys like the kit, rick and i worked so hard on that stuff, but as you can see it was worth it!!! thanks again from hermann and rick

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
pics of the shocks

the pics of the kit are on ricks(amazon racing) site, the pics are of the shocks and of my car.....hope this helps you out, hermann

·
Registered
189 Posts
I just went on the Amazon site, I could not find them.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Please clarify this kit for me ,I currently have $1000.00 of bushings sitting in my closet,which you are telling me I do not need? Please tell me more.Thanks

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
indosurf said:
Please clarify this kit for me ,I currently have $1000.00 of bushings sitting in my closet,which you are telling me I do not need? Please tell me more.Thanks
ummm i dont have bushings or anything all i have is sub frames and a diff brace, no wheel hop at all..i also launch at the track at 4500 on a stock IRS

Nick

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
this thread is three years old, holp crap!

·
Registered
6,841 Posts
I think Postban recently posted up about this style of shock crapping out on him? Also, how much handling is lost with a setup like this? I'm assuming the shocks are run at a softer setting to aid in transfer and eliminate the hop.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
dont waste your money on the level 5's you can snap 15 half shafts compared to what youll spend on the level 5's not to mention its provent he level 5's can be broken easly

1 - 20 of 29 Posts