Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a chip last October and I was wondering if anything had changed in the programming.

Are you able to bypass Traction Control yet? Any revisons that are showing more gains over a previous version?

I'm currently running your 91/92 octane chip in Portland, OR.

Just curious,

Wayne "FlashSVT"
2003 Sonic Blue Cobra
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
92 Posts
FlashSVT said:
I bought a chip last October and I was wondering if anything had changed in the programming.

Are you able to bypass Traction Control yet? Any revisons that are showing more gains over a previous version?

I'm currently running your 91/92 octane chip in Portland, OR.

Just curious,

Wayne "FlashSVT"
2003 Sonic Blue Cobra
Well, I take a shot at answering the Traction Control question. Last I heard Rick does not want to tamper with what could considered, a safety device.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
I agree with that.

Think at how far we've sunk when it comes to lawsuits..........

A senators over-priveledged 16 year old gets a new 03 Cobra for his birthday. He's on a dry road but hit's a tiny puddle of water. He breaks loose and kills himself by hitting a tree. When they examine the car to find out how this happened, they notice that the TC has been turned off by a chip. Someone will say that if the TC was on, this wouldn't have happened. So instead of blaming the kid, they'll blame the tuner.

I can't for the life of me see why we complain so much about having to reach down a touch a button. God knows there's 5000% more effort going into lowering the tilt steering wheel and putting on our seat belts.

Sorry, /end rant ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,357 Posts
OverToad said:
I agree with that.

Think at how far we've sunk when it comes to lawsuits..........

A senators over-priveledged 16 year old gets a new 03 Cobra for his birthday. He's on a dry road but hit's a tiny puddle of water. He breaks loose and kills himself by hitting a tree. When they examine the car to find out how this happened, they notice that the TC has been turned off by a chip. Someone will say that if the TC was on, this wouldn't have happened. So instead of blaming the kid, they'll blame the tuner.

I can't for the life of me see why we complain so much about having to reach down a touch a button. God knows there's 5000% more effort going into lowering the tilt steering wheel and putting on our seat belts.

Sorry, /end rant ;)
Because it is dangerous and a PIA to turn it off manually everytime. Btw I don't think I have tilted the steering wheel since I bought the car and I usually don't wear a seat belt. He is not disabling TC it is just being turned off by default instead of being on by default.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
I've read that some chips totally disable the TC function, not just reverse the order. In fact, my buddies '00 s281 'vert's TC is off because of the chip, and it can't be turned on.
Regardless, even if the option is reversed, it's the tuner that disabled the safety function, and not the driver. The arguement in court would say that Ford built the system to keep an accident like this from happening, and the tuner disabled it at startup. They won't care that the dumbass kid paid for the chip. Just like the dumbass woman that paid for the hot coffee at McDonalds :rolleyes:

And I'm sorry at the way this will sound, but I'm laughing in my chair here man. How is it dangerous to reach down and push a button? And just how is that a pain in the ass? A VERY minor annoyance, maybe. But no more of an annoynace than changing the channel on your radio. You put in more work simply putting the car in reverse. :p

I would like to hear how it's dangerous. It possibly could be that there really is some kind of threat, and that my simple mind just doesn't get it.

But since you don't tilt your wheel, or use your seatbelt, as you stated, I think your just in a bad mood and being arguementitive

;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,357 Posts
I am not in a bad mood or being arguementitive. I don't know where you live, but in South Florida if you get on almost any road you better go. I have almost been hit several times when I take off and forget to disable the traction control and the wheels slip ever so lightly and the engine dies. Tell that to the big truck coming up behind me that it is a safety thing. Are you serious that you actually tilt your steering wheel everytime you get in your car why. I am 6'4" and never tilt the steering wheel in any of my car if I can reach it thats all that matters.

If the traction control only limited power or controlled spinning while still allowing you to accelerate that is one thing, but totally killing power to the extreme this system does is extremely dangerous.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,357 Posts
btw, I totally agree there are some really stupid people that take advantage of situations including the dumbass woman that bought hot coffee at McDonalds and then sued because it was hot and the person who sued M&M because he bought plan bit down hard and chipped a tooth because he thought they had nuts. I think people who do that sh*t out to be shoot for shear stupidity and destroying the world for the rest of us. I hate lawyers who represent this people and don't sue even when I have legitimate claims usually.

Also rick could also just send a warning with his chip like this guy.
TC Bypass
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
721 Posts
toofast4u said:
Btw I don't think I have tilted the steering wheel since I bought the car and I usually don't wear a seat belt.
You're joking right? You don't wear a seat belt? Time to start posting those old drivers Ed. photos of bodies flung through windshields...

I realize wearing a seatbelt is a personal choice and in most states it's mandatory now. Not wearing a seatbelt is stupid.

My 2¢...

U.M.
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
400 Posts
Legaly I can not alter a safety device. When ford originally did TC they though about putting in a bypass key on performance cars. They didn't because of legal issues that may accure. If is that big of a problem just remove the fuse or key switch the ground. The best thing they could have done was made it a option.

Wayne you have one of my favorite programs for 91-92 oct. I don't have any updates on it because it's right on the money.

Rick
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,357 Posts
Uncle Meat said:
You're joking right? You don't wear a seat belt? Time to start posting those old drivers Ed. photos of bodies flung through windshields...

I realize wearing a seatbelt is a personal choice and in most states it's mandatory now. Not wearing a seatbelt is stupid.

My 2¢...

U.M.
I usually wear a seatbelt and have actually got better in this car for obvious reasons. I am still trying to figure out why overtoad adjusts his steering wheel every time he gets in his car.:confused: I was waiting on the chip to fix it so I guess I will fix it myself. Rick is there a fuse specifically for TC.
 
G

·
there is a thing called the black box tcs control that defaults the switch to off when you start the car, if you want the tcs on you push the button and i still works. i think ive seen em ion ebay
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,357 Posts
matt lankford said:
there is a thing called the black box tcs control that defaults the switch to off when you start the car, if you want the tcs on you push the button and i still works. i think ive seen em ion ebay
The link in my 3rd post is to one of them on ebay. Actually it doesn't default it to off it defaults it to the last using state. So if you turn the car off with it on it stays on. If you turn the car off with it off it stays off.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
Toofast,
I'm no small guy myself. At over 6'2 and 275, I do know the fit in these Cobra's is.......different.......than any other car I've had. Now I don't tilt the wheel all the way down. Never have. But I can't imagine driving with the wheel up like that. Reminds me too much of my family tree, where most of them had their wheels in that position.........in their tractors ;)

To each his own!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wayne you have one of my favorite programs for 91-92 oct. I don't have any updates on it because it's right on the money.
Thanks Rick! I may upgrade it to a flip chip come race season. I was thinking about my current program and a 93 octane program for track time. I can mix toluene to get 93-94 octane on race day.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top